Does anyone know why someone might have a seizure just as they are falling asleep! I just had the longest one ever....I think they're getting worse! It feels as if my brain is flipping around inside of my head. What can I do to stop this from happening. I haven't slept but around 5 hours in 3 days. Every time I am falling asleep, I have this happen to me now. It used to just happen once in a while.

Health Advisor

Hello, Anthony.

Do you have any history of illness that can be connected with these seizures? Do you suffer from epilepsy, had any insomnia issues or took some medication that can come in interference? 

How long do you experienced it?

In most cases, epilepsy is responsible for nocturnal seizures, but they can occur during the day, too. Did you had them any?

There are many possibilities that cause it, because brain is the most complex organ of our body. Everything would be pure speculation.

The best thing you can do is an EEG. 

Thank you for responding, as you can see, I'm still up at 3 in the morning. I have the worse headache now and just took an aleve . I'm afraid to go to sleep! I Had meningitis as an infant that almost killed me and a few head injuries in the past, due to car accidents. I will go to ER tonight if I can't take it any longer.

Health Advisor

That will be a good idea. Maybe some of that head trauma cause all that seizures. I hope you'll be all right soon.