I have had chronic back pain for about 10 years now. I have been on & off painkillers prescribed by physicians. I never was a pill popper before but since taking the pain meds I have become dependant. I know I am not alone and I am in the process of weening myself off the pills. I am currently being prescribed 90 percocet a month and 30 oxycontin. I never take the whole prescription but I hoard it as a security blanket. If I ran out I think I would freak out. Don't get me wrong, the pain is real and there are times when I really need it. But if I am not in serious pain I have to take it anyway just to feel functional. I have become fed up with it. I am in this little world of my own and my best friend is percocet. It is a vicious cycle and dependancy. So, I decided to wean myself off little by little. I was taking 3 percocet a day. Now I am down to 1 a day. I take 1/2 in the am & 1/2 in the mid day. I need to take 1/2 xanax to sleep at this point. My goal is to not take anything. But in the back of my mind I want to make sure I have a back up prescription in case I do have an eposode of pain that is unbearable. This happens time to time. My withdrawal symtoms are numb achy legs and feet for the most part. I have a foggy headachy feeling. I work full time, I am functioning still fine. By the end of the day I'm tired, almost can't lift my legs. So, fatigue is an issue. But I want to feel normal again. Like myself, do the things I loved before this addiction. I do not have an additive personality, I don't smoke cigs, drink or any of that. But I hope this is helpful to you if you are trying to get off prescription drugs. I just read how it effects your respirtory system and that is what causes drug induced death some of the time. So, if I can do this anyone can. I just want to inspire anyone that is taking drugs needlessly. They have a purpose, but it can get out of hand. Wish me luck, I need it.

Hi honey! When I was reading your post it was EXACTLY what I went through! Your respiration IS about the drugs - as they make your breathin laboured and lower! Did your doctor tell you about the 1/2 pill or did you decide it on your own? My angel of a doctor told me to do this and it worked FANTASTICALLY, so I tell other "addicts" to do the same! Anyway good on you, and good luck in the future!