hey all-

wish i could say I was here for a different reason. Im 29 years old and have been taking percs...(up to 15) a day since August. I was in a terrible auto accident. Im proud to say Im almost on day 3 of being clean. I have cried numerous time..I am craving them terrribly. I was to the point where my kidneys hurt all the time. Just wanted to see if you all had any advice for me. Thanks!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I have been on Vicodin and Percocet for about two years now for a chronic medical condition and I have tried stopping many times. Withdrawals from pain killers is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. I'm still taking Vicodin every day but I'm slowly weaning off of it. My doctor also prescribed me Gabapentin which is used to prevent seizures and also help with nerve pain. Anyways...Taking Gabapentin takes away almost all of my withdrawals. I highly recommend talking to your doctor about being prescribed this med. It is truly a life saver. You should also try taking Advil and drink lots of water. Exercise also helps a lot.

What will the water do? This sucks :( I'm trying so hard!!!!

I think water will flush it out of your system faster. Just stay strong and remember that every hour that passes is one hour closer to being done with withdrawals.

its really hard, just hang in there as the withdrawal symptoms start getting better after 1 week, but you body will need about 30 days to start getting back to normal. Drink lots of fluids, keep your mind focused as to why you need to get off them and talk to people that can relate to help you. You may also join a support group if you cannot do it alone.