I am only 42 and I have been told by a dr. that perimenopause can last up to 5 or so years before you actually go through menapause. Is this true?

Lauren

Health Advisor
Yes, it is true and it could actually last for more than five years, it may take 10 to 15 years depending on when the hormonal levels started declining and you started experiencing the symptoms of hormonal imbalance.

Have you already started experiencing certain problems? Perimenopausal symptoms are the same as menopausal, maybe even worse as the hormonal production is starting to decline and body’s not used to it and we get the weirdest symptoms ever, both physical and emotional.

If you started experiencing symptoms of decline, I would suggest you started drinking whey. I have been drinking it for two years now and have been almost asymptomatic although I do get occasional unwanted side effects.