I am 34 years old and have my tubal ligation 12 years ago but in the last couple of weeks I have racing heart rate, nausated, very sore breast and my last period lasted only 3 days. I also have headaches, moodswings , and my since of smell has increased!! Pregnant or perimenopausal?

Hi:
It could be perimenopause, but it sounds a bit severe. Perimenopause usually involves irregular periods and that type of thing. Could these symptoms be totally unrelated to your cycle? Have you been seen by an endocrinologist (glandular specialist)? Have you ever had thyroid problems or pituitary glad problems. These are some ideas that might help in terms of where to start with your questions. Check it out. These would be treatable conditions, but they will become very serious if they go untreated. I hope you will find answers soon....Let us know.