Hi, I am 43 years old, and I’m experiencing the first symptoms of perimenooause. I sweat at night and can’t sleep, I change my mood very often and my breasts are oversensitive. Are symptoms in perimenopause the same as in menopause?

Hi, when I got my first symptoms of perimenopause, I thought they would go away after couple of years. It was difficult to cope with all those mood changes and hot flashes, but I thought it would be over soon. It was 10 years ago, and I still experience them. Perimenopausal symptoms were just preparing me for menopausal symptoms, which are the same, but sometimes even stronger. I still have hot flashes, night sweats, headaches and mood swings, but now they are even worse than before. At first, I didn’t know why aren’t they all called “menopausal symptoms” when they’re exactly the same. I asked my doctor about that, and she explained me that perimenopaisal symptoms are caused by changes in my body that are only preparing me for menopause. Estrogen level becomes lower and it leads to changes in ovulation and hormonal functions.