My nipples are very sore even when I wear a shirt. I am 46 and had a partial hysterectomy 6 yrs ago. Could this be the begining of menapause?

Hello! My nipples become tender every time I am about to get my period. My gyn said it is due to hormonal changes that take place slightly before a period. The levels of estrogen and progesterone change during the cycle and these changes may cause different symptoms. The same thing happens when a woman is entering menopause or lets better say when she is in the perimenopasue. Perimenopause is the period when the hormonal levels start declining, periods become hectic but they do not stop all the way.
Women who start perimenopause may be experiencing symptoms similar to those in menopause and it is all due to hormonal imbalance or decrease in their levels.

I know a story about applying warm cabbage leaves on breasts to relieve tenderness but I have never tried it. If your soreness becomes intolerable, I reckon you should then see a doctor.