Hi, am 39 years old, and recently I started having hot flashes and sweats. I am very surprised by these symptoms, because they’re typical menopausal symptoms. I can’t be menopausal, I am way too young!

Don’t worry, there’s nothing wrong with you. My symptoms also started early, when I was one year older than you are now. You’re not too young because these are not menopausal but perimenopausal symptoms. They usually occur at the age of 45, but sometimes, like in our case, they occur few years earlier. They are almost the same as menopausal symptoms, which appear later. Hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, dry skin, headaches and irregular periods- I have all of those symptoms and it is terrible! I am very nervous and I often argue with my husband with no good reason. I feel bad about that, so I take meds that make me calm and quiet. I am already menopausal, and I still have the same symptoms as I had in perimenopause. I hope they won’t last much longer, because I want my life back!