My period is due in less than a week. By this time I'm usually experiencing a decent amount of PMS symptoms such as sore/tender breasts and light cramping and usually a bad backache. But this month I am having extreme cramps and a crazy backache as well as achey all over and the normal tender breasts. My cramps feel different at times, like all across my lower abdomen or slightly centered to the left side or the right side. I had sex about two weeks ago and he didn't pull out in time, but I am on the pill. I also have been dealing with a bacterial infection down there and I have heard that that can sometimes heighten cramps. Any thoughts on whats up?

A few months ago I had awful PMS. I will admit I have great periods compared to other girls. But this one was worse. My back hurt for days, my boobs were SORE for probably two weeks and was cramping. Of course, since we are girls, I freaked out thinking I was pregnant...but, it was only my period. I'm only 21 and I don't know how old you are but our hormones constantly change! My mother is a nurse and tells me all the time my hormones are just acting crazy because I'm growing up, working part time and going to school full time so my stress also affects my period! I think you may be going through the sAme things but if you are that worried about it I would go visit your gyno ASAP.