growing up i always have a irregular period,but it has gotten worse over the year, it did not come for three month, wen it finally come ,it come for a months none stop .and then it stop for like a week and started again .e.g it started on the 14 of march 2009 and it still going on now today is the 5 of april 2009 , it come's with a lots of clots. i i,ve been mess up in public place ,i way standing in at the mall the other day and i could feel the clots coming down, i was wearing a pad but the amount that come's it overflown the pad and mess me up ,i was wearing a sky blue jeans. i was so embarrassed i went to the gynecologist and he say i might have polycistic ovarian syndrome ,i,m suppose to go and do a ultrasound and another test but i do not have the money right now i,m worried i dont have any kids and i,ve been trying for the pass 5yrs but nothing happened . i easily fall asleep ,and i sleep for long hours ,i,m not on any vitamin some time i bleed for 2mths straight .

Hi:
A big concern with this much bleeding is anemia, which can be very serious. That might be why you are sleeping a lot. Is there a public hospital or clinic that you can go to? I hope that you have done this already. Anemia can be life threatening. As for the solution to the bleeding: It sounds like they would suggest BC to regulate the periods. If you are hoping to get pregnant however, that could be a problem. Perhaps you could take them for a while to stop the bleeding. Don't do anything radical though, like a hysterectomy or a thermal ablation unless your life is in danger, because you won't have the baby that you want. I hope this helps. Perhaps you have already found a solution. I hope so. Please let me know.