i had an abortion a little over 6 weeks ago, i was 7 weeks pregnant. i was worried about not getting my period but me and my boyfriend has sex sunday morning and i started my period on sunday. it is really heavy like, i can usually go a few hours with a tampon and a pad, and there will be no leaking or anything. but this is crazy, a tampon gets full after like 45 minutes and leaks into my pad, its like a faucet. i took today off from work because i just cant do anything, im constantly running to the bathroom. ive been passing small clots, but im not worried about them at all.

im just wondering if this is normal for a first period after an abortion, and how long it will likely last?

Hey there

I know that my first period after my abortion was horrendous, it lasted for 8 days and I was flooding. Once the heavy bleeding stopped, I spotted for several days after that too.

Yours certainly does sound really heavy though, perhaps phone your nurse/doctor and see what they say just to be on the safe side

(((hugs)))

Hi there, I know that it has been awhile since you posted this thread but I'd like to hear how this turned out for you! I think that whatever it was that you were going through sounds pretty scary and awful and I hope that you're doing okay now. Please let me know how you're doing if you still are around, okay? Thanks!

this is very normal! same thing happened to me and doctor said i was fine. i was also 7 weeks.

This is happening to me now. I had a surgical abortion at seven weeks. Five weeks later I got my period after having sex for the first time since the abortion five weeks ago. The forst few days were light pink red spotting amd I thought I was having a light period. Then all of a sudden a gushing faucet. I feel it gushing. Its a mess. The toilet looks like a massacre every time I go pee. Lots of super tiny clots. I have never bled this much in my life! And ive given birth! !! Im getting scared now.