Hi everyone, Wondering if anyone can help me. I was raped (not what I'm here to talk about), and found myself pregnant. I had a medical abortion two weeks ago. Within the first 6 hours I experienced heavy bleeding and cramps, passed large clots etc. By that evening I was feeling OK, I was able to eat something and the had stopped passing clots. I continued to bleed and haven't stopped since (although it has often been light). Two days ago I was in the shower and blood started dripping out of me quite fast, and I passed some small clots. I was in the shower for about 10 more mins and then it stopped.. I went about my day, no more clots and changed pad twice. Yesterday I got up.. Had a shower. Same thing happened but this time it didn't stop and lasted about 7 hours. I had no cramps but it just wasn't nice. I was in an empty bath passing clots ( some very big) for ages, then I put a pad on, tried to rest, and when I got up to go to the toilet more clots would come. I definately lost a lot of blood yesterday so feeling tired today... But I'm sure wondering has anyone else experienced something like this two weeks later? I slept ok.. Had shower this morn.. No clots.. Back to a light bleed. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if you think I'm done with these horrid clots now. Thanks so much to anyone that answers. Xxxx

Not only did your comment COMPLETELY miss the mark, as it did not even remotely answer her question, but it is also insensitive. If you READ her question, you will see that she immediately mentions the fact that she was raped, then proceeded to ask about her POST-abortion issues, meaning that she did not question delivering a child. In fact, she did not mention her feelings whatsoever; she kept it strictly medical. If you choose to comment, to genuinely be helpful, keep it strictly medical, as well. Be well.

I experienced something similar. Today is one week since I had the medical abortion, and like you, my bleeding and large clots happened the first day, then the bleeding was fine like a heavy flow period for days after. Today I woke up and started off with cramps first, then every time I would put on a pad it would just soak through and mess up my clothes, everything. I started getting scared but I went to the bathroom to have a bowel movement, and since I've been a little constipated, I had to strain. When I did that, I could feel the clots coming and a very very large one passed, and then some smaller ones and I just stayed there for awhile because I wasn't sure what to do.... get dressed, call a doctor, what. Well after awhile it seemed ok, and I showered again and put on clothes. Since then, my bleeding has been back to just like a period maybe a tiny bit heavier. I think maybe in my case, that large clot may have gotten in the way and prevented other stuff from leaving the uterus, and since that passed it allowd my flow to be normal again. I'm no longer concerned. Maybe the same thing could have happened to you? If you're not bleeding any more like that, i wouldn't be too concerned. Just play it by ear and see what happens in teh next day or so. Good luck!