It's about my 5th time having my menstrual cycle, and it's my first day. I was sitting in my bed and all of a sudden I kind of felt the moisture coming out. It felt like a lot, so I got up to go to the bathroom and I felt a lot come out. I had just changed my pad less than an hour. When I pulled down my pants, there was a chunk slightly bigger than a toonie on my pad, along with more blood than had come out in the last 6-7 hours. They are usually irregular, and are always different lengths. Some are light, some are heavy and I've had chunks before, but never one this big. I'm a bit worried that it's something serious.

It completely normal it's what they call a "heavy flow" specially since you're young your periods will be odd and irregular.

Well, your period, or the blood that comes out is basically there because during each of your menstrual cycles the tissue inside your uterus swells up to prepare for potential pregnancy and when pregnancy doesn’t happen it eventually breaks up. So that is what the clots are – torn up tissue parts together with blood. And it is perfectly normal that you experience heavier flow when you stand up, it’s a simple case of gravity. Also, you should take into account that blood always gets thicker and clots up the longer it is out of the veins, I think that is the reason for the unusually big clot you had.

Yeah listen to a female they'll always know more about this sort of stuff more than any educated man. Sometimes it's best to experience stuff first hand to learn.

i have the same thing. It bugs me and kind of scary. I have at least one every time and I have a heavy flow. It doesn't worry me too much though I've only had two periods(this is my second one I'm on right now)