I had this problem when i was 14, my final exams were just finished and during the exams my periods only lasted for 3 days and there was not much bleeding as compared to my normal cycle. My periods started when i was 12. now after the exams, my periods started quite early and on the first day there was heavy bleeding with lots of clots, i got up in the morning and i was completely wet with the blood and i noticed that the blood wasnt stopping and the clots continued to come out, i had a shower and the shower floor was full of blood clots. i was just scared. this continued for 4 days. clots and heavy bleeding. on the fourth day it got so bad that i was changing pads every 2 mins, i was getting wet continuously. it was then, my mum went to the doctor bcoz i wasnt even in a situation to go to the doctor and the doctor gave some pills, he didnt explain anything but my bleeding stopped within a few days. I had high fever for a few days and then i was normal but i became an anemic after that, i strated loosing my hair and i got pale. i still dont know the reason and it annoys me. i search the internet for this type of problems but nothing comes up!!, can anyone explain what that could be........

HI!

I am 29 yearsold and I was 12 when I started my period. I ALWAYS had a very HEAVY period changing pad or tampons constantly. 3 years ago I went to my family Dr. cause I was tired all the time, skin was pale (and Im already fair skin), and my period was getting out of control. I would just stay home and in the bed during my period. My Dr. referred me to a Hematologist. I told this Dr all the problems I was having and that I had to switch to Heavy pads instead of Tampons and still changing the pad about every 10 minutes. He ran blood tests and come to find out I had Von Willeband Disease which caused the severe bleeding and anemia. Also, with all the blood i was loosing i would lose a lot of iron and my body wasnt making enough iron. He gave me a iron infusion that I have to do every 6 months and I am on a nasal spray called Stimate. This med helps the bleeding, to where it almosts stops. If I dont take the medicine with my period, I have to wear Depends w/ a Overnight Maxi Pad together. With the infusions it gives me energy that I need. This is a very rare blood disorder, it might be something to discuss with ur Dr. I hope that this might help!

Omg ive everything you said I went thru at the same age too,i never went to the doctor tho it went away on its owne after a year & a half.