Feel like I'm going insane! I'm 41 and have had 4 children, 2 weeks ago I started feeling butterflies in my stomach like a baby, it's progressed to rolls, flips and 'flicks' everyday. Preg test neg....wth? I don't consider myself a silly person but I feel nutty thinking this is a baby?

did you have the same feel with you frist  pregnanty? why can you tack a text 

Josie,

When was your last period?  When was the next one due?  When did you test last?

Hi :-) havnt missed a period, I tested the period before my last one cause I had a bit of spotting then it stopped but then came on properly. I also tested this arvo because I couldn't wait, but have another test so I can do a first morning one. My next period is due at the end of next week. I'm just at a loss as to what the tummy movement is, I've always had gas and it's never felt like this. My stomach is sore/uncomfortable to lay on. I've noticed lots of women have the same thing but not many come back to say what it was?

Wait until your next period is due, then if its late, test.

Testing early does not work reliably.  The test looks for a specific hormone, hCG.  This is made by the developing embryo.  It takes some time for the level to be high enough to read by the tests.  For many tests this would be as soon as you are late, others take a few days longer.

As you said, use your first morning urine, it is more likely to give you an early positive.  Follow all directions closely, especially times.  

If you still haven't had your period 7-10 days AFTER your period was due then retest.  By then the test should read reliably.

False negatives are common testing early.  False positives are not common.