As a child from the years of about 2 - 10 a strange thing used to happen to me that I've never found the answer to and I was wondering if anyone new what it was? Now that Im an adult I'm suffering from something else but Im wondering if they could be related. Also if anyone else has suffered from this?

When I was a child I used to go to sleep at night like everyone else but sometimes at least once a week sometimes more I had a strange feeling in my chest (like an internal itch almost gripping), then when I went to sleep I would have what I can only describe as being a nightmare (looking back on it I would say I was in some kind of altered state) it was like a pulsing white its hard to describe. Then I would wake up and I would have pins and needles all over my body, not just located in one part of it, it was everywhere and it would make me cry mainly because I didnt understand and it was uncomfortable.

If anyone knows what this is I would be eternally greatful as when I have asked my own doctor he just says hes never heard of it and doesn't know what it was and when I've looked on the internet I found absolutely nothing.

Hello! please please please tell me you found out what this is/was? I have EXACTLY the same problem. I'm 19 and it's exactly the same. Any help would be amazing, thank you.

Hello, No sorry I never have found out what it is, but I'm still hoping to as I have a feeling it could be related to what I have now. The way I think I stopped it (whether it actually me stopping it or whether it decided to go on its own... who knows) was basically I didn't go to sleep when I had the feeling in my chest (basically avoiding the situation) and eventually I stopped getting the feeling in my chest, although I do know some conditions people have in childhood disappear when you turn into an adult on there own, I thought at one point it could be a consequence of either a circulation problem or maybe a form of childhood epilepsy but a professional has never confirmed anything for me. I'm really sorry your suffering with this and I will keep searching and anything I find I will post it here :-) good luck with it.

I get vibrations all over my body, legs , feet and the other day I experienced it in my chest, I also feel a tight band feeling in my rib cage, I also suffer from nightmares and bad dreams and do not sleep.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Good luck to you.

im 56,and have pins and needles all over my body and not all at the same time.it could be in my arm one minute,then maybe my face,a leg or my back.it comes and goes.i have chills with no fever and also it comes and goes.latley it seems less frequent after about a year of this.the doctors are still working on it,i hope i find out what it is,or i hope it does not come back as often as it was.i will let you all know the outcome.please pray there is cure for me.