Hello, folks. I have just returned from my doctor’s office and I’ve been diagnosed pituitary adenoma. As far as I understand, it is a tumor. Although my doctor assured me that I could not die because of it, I am afraid. Is he telling me the truth? I would appreciate your urgent replies.

Hello, there. Don’t be afraid, your doctor was right. It doesn’t grow rapidly since it hasn’t enough blood supply for that. After a certain period, it just stops to grow. It gives symptoms and signs relatively soon, so adequate treatment can be taken. It doesn’t give metastatic lesions, so that would be another reason why this tumor can’t lead you to death. However, if it produces hormones, it can have many consequences unpleasant for you. Feel free to ask your doctor whatever you want to know. He will explain it to you in the best way. Good luck!

Hello, Blogers
Well my doctor told me by lookingat my MRI that a vein in my head showed brusing. Which means I almost had a aneurysm, probly caused by a head ache. I have had my pituitary tumor for 10 years and counting since dignosed. I have all ready had 3 surgeries. One removal of the tumor, nd SFL and 3rd SFL. In and out of the hospital cause of side effects. My MRI just came back fine. But the blood work says my prolactin levels are up. The doctor believes my surgeon missed a piece. So I'm back on bromocriptine 2.5. AF has not returned. I have 0 pregnancy. Good Luck and best wishes.

My 13 year old son was just diagnosed with a pituitary MacroAdenoma. I am very worried about him. Our next appointment will be with a Neurosurgeon. Do you have any more information? Is he going to need to have surgery?

Hello i was diagnosed in 2008 a small mass on the pituitary gland. I first notice when my breast had milk coming out and i don't have any kids and never been pregnant, i just got my 2nd MRI and it's the same size it was 2 yrs ago. It's just more irritating then anything and for women our period is so irregular, as long as you take the medicines you should be fine.

hi everyone ive been diagnosed with pituitary adenoma 2 years ago , my dr. give me bromocriptine for my medication until i stoped taking it because i feel better...but now my headaches is killing me i dont know what to do anymore ... do you think it is cancerous ???

I also have an adenoma, I have done a surgery, I was fine but now it is back again. would you provide more details about what happened to you? did you do the surgery?

i have lived with the same diagnosis for 15 years. i will tell you that the meds are a issue, as I am on bromokryptine not cabergoline. cabergoline made me very sick, and i gained tremendous weight, which i now have taken off as a result of surgery I am constantly afflicted with tumors. which are not a issue, but you have to examine your body for them. if you need to talk please contact me anytime . i am more tired then i think i would normally be. in any case you will have a long good life

Do you see a professional rather than your primary care doctor for a pituitary tumor I have only been sent to a neurosurgeon that OHS you which is supposed to be the best hospital in Oregon for pituitary tumors right down and in the United States which medicines are you supposed be taking him what kind of doctor is supposed to manage them what do you do about the pain doesn't say Seem like a doctor knows what they're doing when we are talking about pain when I am saying that I mean primary care doctor

Only if the tumor is big in sizes and if he's having vision problem and bad headaches

Yes I done surgery 2 time after having surgery back so I had to do radiation so now it been monitoring

I was diagnosed with a Adenoma in 2012 and was on Bromcriptine. It made me very sick and now I'm on Cabergoline. I have less symptoms and now you can take it once a week. My tumor did grow because I stopped taking the medication. I have good and bad days and I see an endocrinologist. It has been a scary ride for me. I had an episode where I felt so much pressure and was about to die. I almost had my husband call the ambulance. Good luck to all and may God watch over us.

CHickisch, I am so sorry you almost died, I have had the pit tumor since 2012, sometimes the headaches are bad but I`ve gone 2 months without bad ones. I was right away put on cabergonline twice a week when I got diagnosed and I am still on it. I used to complain to my endo about the bad headaches and he said he could not help me with that. I got bad headaches while taking a bowel movement and while laughing and sometimes just sharp movements hurt my head. I went to a neurologist that gave me sumatriptan. Now the headaches are gone. But I must say, I have been taking the cabergoline religiously. I keep wondering if I will die sooner than most because of the tumor. I feel bad that I have to take cabergoline for the rest of my life. I have gone from 145 pounds to 183 pounds. I hope you all are having better days!

I was diagnosed with a pituitary adenoma. I am on Cabergoline for about a year now and it has been the worse experience. My periods are so irregular and I've gained so much weight! I went from 120 llbs to now 170 llbs. I am always an emotional wreck, I think my friends are starting to think I'm crazy because of this emotional outbreaks. It has been mentally and physically draining for me and I feel like a lot of people around me don't understand, you've had yours for 15 years??? How have you delt with that for so long?