Hello. My friend was recently on a surgery. She was removed a pituitary tumor. I would like to know what chances are that this tumor can recur. I have read various things on the internet, but I would like to hear your opinion as well. I hope you can reply me. Thanks.

Hello. Pituitary tumors are usually benign. The most common is pituitary adenoma. However, there is craniopharyngioma. As far as I know, this tumor is histological benign, but it has some malignant clinical characteristics. One of them is recurrence. Even after the surgical removal, it can recur. I don’t know the exact chances. You should talk to your friend’s doctor if you can. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hallo,
Pituitary tumor is a condition where there is a tumor located on your pituitary gland. The fact is that pituitary tumors can be benign, invasive adenomas and even carcinomas. Surgery is very often the best option in treatment for pituitary tumor. However there is always a chance that your tumor on pituitary gland will grow back. I think that your friend needs to know that stereotactic radiation surgery may be a treatment option for patients with recurrent or residual adenomas. He also has to know that some methods are more effective than others so recurrence of pituitary tumor also relies on the treatment method of the first tumor. So it is very important to discus all possibilities with your doctor.