My gynecologist told me, at my last exam that I might have placenta previa. He had no time to explain to me. I have never heard about this term "placenta previa". Is this dangerous thing? Can this thing affect my pregnancy and my baby? Can this be treated? And how that can be done?

Placenta previa is a condition, when your placenta is not attached to your uterus in a proper place. It supposes to be on walls of uterus. But in your case it is near your uternal cervics. It can also be on "the entrance" of your uterus. This can be dangerous if not recognized and treated. It also can affect pregnancy and can cause loss of baby. But, as you write you already have fine gynecologist, who will treat this. If treated, this condition is not dangerous. Obey your doctor;s advice and you will be fine.

vanda wrote:

i wanted to quote to anyone who read so not freaked out by this
placenta previa can not be cured.. especially if u have a complete. if its partial, can migrate up. if u have complete like i did,, it will not. if u have complete previa, which i found out at 20 weeks, it is 4 sure a c-section, u bleed alot.. no sex, some cases bed rest, which i did have, & from many searches while i was going thru this, i felt my baby was healthy strong, dr.s will try to get u to deliver early as they say your safety... NOT TRUE! as long as u are not dizzy & obviously u feel your baby is strong plus u are hooked up to monitors, so they see baby is fine... so as long as yyour not dizzy. u are fine,, is not affecting babys health ether,, Keep baby in as long as y can... bleeding alot like i did was bad,, very scary but i learned me loosing blood was not hurting us,, i wasnt dizzy didnt feel like passing out// so i didnt let them talk me into going earlier than i had to... i made it to 33 weeks had my son.. thankfylly was perfect had NO probs no tubes machines, was able to breathe on own jst stayed in hosp to learn how to eat since they dont do the sucking till 35 weeks, other than that fine.. so yes previas are scary, but u can feel whats going on as far as baby being healthy & u can tell if you dont feel right