I had an abortion done 6 weeks ago at 7 weeks pregnant. I have been having dark brown/reddish discharge for a few weeks off and on. I had protected sex 2 weeks ago. Today, I had a bright red flow and passed a large, flat, fleshy substance with no pain. I assume it was placental tissue from the abortion? I was checked 2 weeks after procedure and was told everything was good. Is it possible that I was pregnant for past 2 weeks and had a miscarriage or is it more likely that it was from the previous pregnancy? I am no longer bleeding and have no pain at all. Should I go back to my doctor?

This is happening to me too (except I am 4 weeks after abortion). The tissue looks like the lining of the uterus expect it's kind of bron like liver, and it's flat. And I can't be pregnant since I havn't had sex since my abortion except for 2 days ago, and I am on birth control. (The Nuvaring.)

I wonder if there is a reason for it or is something actually wrong?

I am also wondering about this it's been four weeks and this is the third time I have passed this. I really want to know what it is and how long this will continue.

Same here. It has like "gristle" in it, it's like steak except brown instead of red. I am 5.5 wks post. I was 8wks at the time. I didn't have anything like this the first time.

Thta is unlikely to be placenta, and simply large blood clots.

I have had 3 abortions, but I only had a few blood clots with my first aboriton.

It is normal to have some blood clots.

In response to picklesbutler's last comment. How dare you come on and try to make someone feel bad for something they have done. I am sure it was hard enough having to make that decision then you have the nerve to come and judge them??!! You have no right to judge anyone! With what you just did is just as bad in the Lord's eyes. I truley hope you think about what you said. Here these women were trying to help eachother and possibly answer or at least put eachother at ease and you have to come in and make such a mean comment. That was very mean and extremly hurtful.

I am very new to this all. I don't think that anyone should judge women for decisons they make because in some lifesytles it may be better not to bring a child into thw world. Wrong time, wrong age lots of things and none of you know their stories. . I am 15 years old and I have plans ahead of me. My boyfriend is 18 . . Everyone on my family knows except my dad because they think my father will put him into jail so yes....to protect someone to guarantee 2 people's futures and put ease to our families minds I am considering doing this. . . Yes, i am scared I wont be able to handle things or may feel regret afterward. . .but this is right for my situation I think...

Although every woman has the God given right to choose, there are so many loving parents that would love to give these babies a fighting chance. It's no one's place to place blame or judgement, that isn't our job. Our job is to encourage and support women to make educated decisions with their sex life and the reprecussions. Contraceptives and Adoption are both fantastic options. But in the end, it is the mother's decision, and no one can judge, as we all have made choices that we may or may not regret. That is life. Should anyone need information regarding support during the decision making process, or need someone to talk to, please visit New Life Ministries online. They make the adoption process easy and allow young mothers alternatives to abortion.

Can I just say thanks for those hurtful comments Guest (whoever you are) and Picklesbutler; achievement accomplished.
Who are you to decide what an appropriate situation is?
I had my first abortion 5 weeks ago and it wasn't a decision took lightly at all and it has haunted me ever since, i live with the guilt and fear of going to hell for my actions everyday.
I have four children so know how special it feels to hold your baby in your arms and really dont need some over opinionated know it all (not) to try and make me feel worse about the most devistating decision i have ever had to make in my life.
Its not always for selfish reasons that people have to terminate their pregnancies but then maybe you think its acceptable to give birth to a baby only to hand them a disabling illness and a death sentence, then theres the implications of how it would effect my other children.
Before you comment on matters you obviously know nothing about think about things with an open mind and apply a little sensitivity.
As for birth control, i was on the pill when i conceived.

I have had an abortion in the past. It was many years ago. But even I got wide eyed when I read 3 abortions. It does seem like a form of birth control after reading that. Condoms and the pill proved to be very effective for me, and less expensive.

I don't think it was a shot at people who have chosen to have abortions but shock over reading that women are having numerous abortions instead of having their tubes tied or practicing safe sex. The procedure is very hard on the body and having multiple procedures cannot be healthy.

I am pro choice, but if a friend of mine was going in for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time at that point they need a smack across the face and a good shake. Figure it out, it's not rocket science.

But I hear if you jump up and down after sex you won't get pregnant.

I am not judging nor am I agreeing. I have 4 children now and I am happily married to their father. However we have been using birth control since our latest baby who is now 9 months old. We recently found out we are pregnant again. I am afraid something is wrong with the baby being i was on bc. Also we live in a 2 bedroom apt and we drive two cars to get places right now. (havent found a minivan yet) so to bring another child into this situation would be utterly cruel. We have thought about adoption but we both know that if we went through the whole pregnancy we would get attached and couldn't give it up. So None of the other kids know about it and only my mother knows. Its a real hard decision for me and I honestly don't want to do it. However like I said before it would be cruel to bring another life into this situation. We want more children but when we have a bigger car/van and a bigger house. I have been out of work since the latest baby and my husband recently was laid off so times are really hard right now. I know that everyone has a reason for doing what they do.

I had to have an abortion about 5 weeks ago. i know how hard it was for me, and i now know that i dont think that it is a bad thing. i do agree that it should not be used as a form of birth control. the reason for my abortion was medical i have an abusive 9 year old and really high blood pressure. the doctor told me that it was the only thing i could do for my own health and safety. i do regret it, but i know that due to what the doctor said there was no way that my body to handle having another baby.

I thought this topic was really helpful at the begining until it spiraled into a big debate? Any one figure out what the livery like clots/discharge things were or if it was something to be worried about as this has happend to me over the last few days and is starting to worry me ever so slightly?! %-) ? If anyone coud advise it would be appreciated... ?!

Oh and BTW i am pro-choice but yeah, 2, 3, 4 abortions is actually disgusting and if any of my friends had told me that then i would have had alot to say to them... Once is bad enough but more than once is terrible, sort yourselves out and use a condom, you can get them free from any sexual health clinic you know!!!!

listen people i'm 17 almost 18 i always disagreed with abortions even when my little sister had one done i was on birth control when i got pregnant ive only known for a few days havent even had it done yet and it hurts me to know i have to do this so please dont judge someone youve never met and you dont know their circumstances. yes having the baby would be good but other people didnt want this and need time to be ready to even deal with the pregnancy part much less the whole having to take care of one... only god can judge me and only god can judge you. dont judge others or put them down for their decision its a hard decision but one you have to make

I know this thread hasn't been commented on for a while, but I'm hoping in that case you guys might finally have gotten the answers to your questions.

I had an abortion 4 weeks ago. It was the hardest thing I ever did and I'm still a wreck. I bled the tiniest bit after. I only had to use a pantyliner, and sometimes there was nothing on it. Just some discharge and a tiny bit of blood. It lasted for just under 2 weeks. I thought that would be it. But then at 3 weeks I started bleeding, really heavy. I got blood clots but just small ones.
My bleedings just got worse and worse. In the last couple days I've also experienced a lot of pain. I called the clinic when I started bleeding and I had my check up, but they just said that everyone's different and it's probably just a period. I was on the pill at the time so I shouldn't've come on but the nurse said it takes time for your body to get back to normal.
But the next day, I felt I was filling my pad really quick so I rushed to the toilet. I was on it half a second when I felt myself pass... something. It was covered in blood, a reddish black colour. It was about half the size of my fist, maybe a bit bigger?
I freaked out. It's really messing my head up. Knowing I didn't really bleed after the abortion, could it be a feotus? My pregnancy test was still positive at the clinic the previous day...

Please help me I'm freaking out and because I've phoned the clinic and been up there I don't wanna call again and make a fuss...