My granny had complained on very strange pain symptoms before we took her to see a doc. She had a strong and stabbing pain feeling every time she would take a breath. It was in the area of lower chest. We took her to a doc, and he said that her symptoms indicate pluracy. I understood it had something to do with the lungs and then I was sent home, and I got no more info. Is there anybody who could help me and explain what pluracy is? Thank you so much!

Hello, you probably have never heard of pleura, which is the moist, double-layered membrane that surrounds the lungs and lines the rib cage. Pleura protects and lubricates the surface of the lungs as they inflate and deflate within the rib cage. Well, Pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleura. Pleura usually swells and gets irritated. It is usually a symptom of another illness. Pleurisy can develop from many things like bacterial or viral infections of the lungs (such as pneumonia), TB, lupus, chest injury or trauma, a blood clot in the lung, or cancer. Sometimes a cause cannot be found. This is called ideopathic pleurisy but can also be treated.