What is the cause of and treatment for pluracy?

Hello! Pleurisy is a condition in which the lining of the chest cavity and lungs’ membrane get inflamed. When they get inflamed, they rub against each other during breathing and cause pain in the chest.

There are many possible reasons and causes of this condition. Often, the cause itself cannot be identified. Most probable causes are viral infection, pneumonia in which pleura are also infected, some of the autoimmune disorders like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, tuberculosis, pulmonary embolism, or pancreatitis, etc. A person is susceptible of developing pleurisy if they suffered from trauma to the chest as well.

If the cause is known, than the treatment consists of treating this underlying cause. If the cause can’t be found, a person may be given painkillers to control the cough and pain or they must be kept in hospital if there’s a build up of the fluid that needs to be drained. Pleurisy of unknown reason do heal overtime.

I live near 8 chicken houses and a rendering plant that cooks all the chicken parts. The odor is so bad it is untolorable >:(. They put out vile emmisions that causes respritory problems. The plant has been here for more than 15 years. Almost the majority of the people in this area have asthma. Some have cancer. Some have died from cancer. We have fought a battle for clean air in this community and nothing has happened yet. I have plurisy and it is hard to breathe a deep breath. It has been so bad that I can't sleep on my left side. I am taking medicine Dolobid, and Doxycycline.