I know that our grandparents treated pleurisy with mustard plasters, cupping, flaxseed poultices and other fine old remedies. However, I know they may have relieved the pain, but probably did little to clear up the underlying condition. In those days, we all expect long and painful bouts with pleurisy. That is why I would like to hear if you could tell me anything about this problem. I would like to know all possible treatments of pleurisy.

The inflammation of pleurisy is treated by attacking the infection that may have been caused this problem. A pleurisy caused by some lung disease is treated by identifying the underlying disease. Beside this, results should give whatever treatment is available for it. To limit the pain of pleurisy, limiting the movement of the lungs may be desirable as a treatment option. The doctor may suggest lying on the sore side in a special way, for example, on a firm surface. This is done to limit breathing movement on that side enough to reduce the stretching of the sore tissues and therefore the pain. Doctor who is there to treat pleurisy may also prescribe medication for the pain itself. For dry pleurisy, such treatment is generally enough to relieve symptoms. In wet pleurisy, the doctor may decide to remove the fluid by drawing it out with a needle, which is the best treatment solution. Timing of this is important, since the fluid may come back if it is removed too soon, but if it is not done early enough, dense adhesions may form. However, the main treatment is that for the primary cause of the inflamed pleura in condition called pleurisy.

Went to hospital today with what i thought was a strained muscle,turned out i have Pleurisy,sounds like something you catch from Rats or some other vermin,all i know about it is it hurts like hell,cant take deep breaths,cant laugh,feel like i'm dying if i cough.

:-( I RECENTLY STARTED GETTING SEVERE PAIN IN MY LEFT RIB CAGE
IT FELT AS IF I WAS BEING POKED WITH A SHARP OBJECT. IT
WOULD LAST FOR 20 TO 30 MINUTES THEN SUBSIDE. DOCTOR DID A BLOOD TEST WHICH CAME UP NEGATIVE? THE PAIN IS SCARY AND LEAVES YOU TOTALLY STRESSED OUT THAT IT IS SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS !!! T3S AND ADVIL HAVE HELPED BUT THIS HAS GONE ONE FOR OVER THREE WEEKS AND IS VERY DEMORALIZING.