Hello! I am 35, male, healthy, well built and trained. In the last couple of months I have been experiencing strange pressure in the chest esp. during training or other activities. I have never had any physical problems before, and our family history of disease is quite clear actually. Can anybody tell me what can cause chest discomfort? Thank you in advance!!!!

Hi there! There are many possible causes of chest discomfort. Any organ or tissue in your chest can be the source of pain, including your heart, lungs, esophagus, muscles, ribs, tendons, or nerves. I will write down symptoms of some diseases and you should go and have that checked out no matter there is no medical history in your family. These are the symptoms of heart attack. The pain looks like a pressure, squeezing or tightness in the chest. Your pain radiates to your jaw, left arm, or between your shoulder blades in your back. You may experience sweating, nausea, dizziness, palpitations or shortness of breath. Angina is another type of heart-related chest pain. This pain occurs because your heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen. Angina pain can be similar to the pain of a heart attack. Asthma is accompanied by shortness of breath, wheezing, and, sometimes, a cough. Pneumonia-the chest pain often worsens when you take a deep breath or cough and usually feels sharp. And it could be muscle strain or inflammation of the muscles and tendons between the ribs. Chest pain can also be related to problems with your digestive system, including a stomach ulcer, gallbladder disease or gallstones.