i have been masturbating alot lately i masterbated and right after that my penis swelled up what is happening to me it doesnt really hurt either

Call me crazy but doesn't that usually occur before mastubation?

It sounds like you're concerned with an infection or some sort of irritation process.

If the swelling hasn't reduced by the second day afterwards, you need to see a doctor.

What are you doing to cause this extreme irritation? Have you considered using some lube? There are plenty of ways to stimulate yourself without causing irritation.

Good luck, and let us know what the doc says.

Swelling is normal, especially after a long duration of trying to ejaculate.
After a while, your skin starts to break down and depending on the lube, you are actually causing microscopic trauma.

If your shaft is hairy or just recently shaved and you have the stubs, you may experience the swell, which is normally right below the head.

If the whole penis is swollen and it is painful, you need to evaluate the technique and kind of lube, most water solubles lubricants are annoying, since after every while you have to wet your hands.

Silicon base are good but not very good because you have to re apply if duration is longer.

I personally prefer couple of drops of baby oil on my palm and half a teaspoon of Petroleum jelly my fave brand Vaseline, no smell, or odor and not sticky, just smooth and beat the hell outta my monkey.

Well, chakubanga has some good points above.

I'm not sure how rough I'd recommend being ("Beating the hell out of my monkey...") but with sufficient lube, I suppose you could be a bit more vigorous.

One strong caution, however...
Anytime you use baby oil, vasolene or anything petroleum based, you should NOT use it with anything rubber, laytex or rubber-based. The problem is that the oil-based lube will immediately begin attacking the rubber and dissolving it. Laytex rubbers (condoms) and rubber devices are immediately weakened, to the point that their strength is seriously comprimised.

Now, if you're just mising it up to apply to your penis and there's no rubber involved... well, you're OK then.

Good luck.

How long does the swelling usually ocurr for ??

It scared the sh*t outta me.

i was on the internet looking up symptoms of diseases.

woke up with same problem after very vigorous sex. the foreskin just behind my glans penis is bulbous and very irritated and itchy. we had sex for at least 4 hours at a time repeatedly for 2 days (yes this is true) and then she gave me a very VERY long and slow ha****b with that johonsons and johnsons baby lotion (the pink stuff) I'm very nervous as this has never happened to me before. hope it don't fall off! no j/k seriously though the color looks good but a littl red. So whats up with this? will it go away? I really don't want to try to explain this to a Dr. (would you?) please advise.
:$ o.O

I think it could be your masturbating too hard?

You should not worry about explaining this to a doctor. If the swelling is solely due to the irritation or vigorous sex, it will go down within two days. No worries about it falling off.

As far as doctors go, I don't think you should worry about telling them ANYTHING that you've done. After all, they have heard it all... everything that you've done has been done by others before you. Men have had sex for two days before. Hand jobs have been performed with lube, lotion or vasolene before. And long slow hand jobs are especially enjoyable, no matter who has performed them. So, don't hold back on the details if you do see a doctor.

Good luck.

I have the same issue when masturbation is too hard and without any lube. It happened particularly after my very first masturbations, but after has been rare. There is no pain from the swelling, but it can be very frightening when you are young and unexperienced..

I have been having problems lately after masturbating my penis swells up and then turns red just under the head(on the bottom). The swelling goes down in about a day but then the skin where it was red becomes a bit asperous but not that hard(its no warts). Is this an std or is this something else?

How long does it stay like that and what should I do? The same thing happened to me.

yea i have the same feeling but after i have a orgasm my penis slowly begins to swell and after a day it goes away by the time i get home

im 14 and this is happening too me and i think its gonna be really arkward so i will wait a day and a bt too go down if not arkward telling my mum and im sh**ting it 

I used water is it norm