Ok I know soap is out, but what about hand lotion and Vaseline?
Any other suggestions?

Celebrity
I dont suggest you use anything. Apart from the real stuff bought for the job. EG.. Ky gel
Hand creams have perfumes in which will irratate you an could cause infections.
Vaseline i suppose a bit better for outside use but i wouldnt want it going inside for the same reasons.
That area is so sensitive. Be careful.

Some people swear by hand lotion, like Vasolene Intensive Care lotion.

The older generation used Vasolene Petroleum Jelly a lot, because it was handy, cheap, available and non-specific (meaning no one would know why it was in your medicine cabinet or bedstand).

However, the problem with petroleum jelly is that it immediately attacks and weakens laytex, rubber, diaphrams and condoms within seconds. Many people don't realize this and complain that their condom breaks for some reason.

Other household lubes can include vegetable oils, carnuba oil, or cooking oils, but they may plug pores or leave a residue.

Most professionals will recommend KY Jelly or liquid, or similar store brands of personal lubricants. Your local sex shop will be able to sell you any number of slippery lubes that are designed not to upset your system, clog pores, or dry out. They also have thicker lubes that will last a long time and stay where you place or insert them.

Have fun experimenting!
A little lube will go a long way to making it a more enjoyable experience!

i always use vaseline, but just to masterbate, it is oil based, not for wearing condoms of coure, baby oil works but can be a little messier cause it runs, if your using it for masturbation,(guys), KY is a water based product and easier to clean up, but I find you have to keep applying it cause it will dry up. But good for penetration. Try using vaseline to start, and add a little baby oil, not as messy and works!

If we're only talking masturbation here, yes, Vaseline is fine. And your comment about KY Jelly or liquid KY evaporating is quite correct as well. It may be one of the best lubes for penetration.

Just wanted to clarify when you say to try using vaseline to start, that we're talking masturbation here, cause you switched subjects back and forth.

Yes I was refering strickly about masturbation. Sorry if I was unclear. I advocate safe sex always, and you have to know what will or will not effect the condoms you are using.

My gynecologist recommended Vaseline for me since I'm terribly allergic to water-based lubes. He said mineral oil can work but that Vaseline is safer to use. Please note that I am getting married soon and hence don't have to worry about getting pregnant...I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't use Vaseline!

My wife is going through surgically induced menopause due to her last remaining ovary being removed last year. I am not able to penetrate because of the pain she feels and both KY and Astroglide are completely ineffective in that they both dry out very quickly. Are the medical lubes used for inserting catheters also water based and prone to rapid evaporation?

I'd say Vicks vapor rub its cheap and gives a warming sensations

I reccoment spit, i know it sounds bazar, and can take a while, but its safe, and works... have fun! :)

I know that spit seems bazaar, but try it... its safe and works good with enought... Have fn!!!

I used surgical lubricant that was supplied with self catheters after I had laser prostate surgery. It seems better than KY, But when using a catheter you are not using it in the same way. When inserting a catheter you don't move it except to insert and remove, catheters are irritating if you try to do anything (like masturbate, it is very irritating, I have retro-grade ejaculation, which is why I tried it. It is available at medical supply stores, I would say that it is worth trying. There is also Swiss Navy silicone lubricant. I think it is available at most pharmacies, sometimes on line only. You can get a small amount to try it. If it works for you it is much more cost effective to buy the largest size which usually comes with a small container that you can refill. I have only seen the large bottles online (ebay), but look through the listings. There are some that are much higher and you can find one that is a good value.

hand lotion is fine so is vaseline cooking oil is the best

why dont you use your sperm or your spit

Because spit is not enough and when u cum at least when I do most of the time im done