Hi, I`m one of those polio survivors, diagnosed with that disease when I was only 4 years old. Now I`m 42 and have a long history of muscle pain in my arms and legs. And have to say that the scariest part of all is the thought of becoming increasingly disabled as we are getting old. I guess the worst thing is having PPS (post polio syndrome – rarely becomes life-threatening, but can escalate into deadly disease), but it is hard enough to live by rules in order to survive. I have to treat all potentially serious health conditions. All polio survivors remain alert to the onset of new symptoms. Drug interactions, side effects, constant care of your arms... I`m kind of a tired of all that. But, hey, what to do?

Hi, my brother is a polio survivor, just like you, and I know the way he lives. He`s always on extra care about which meds he will or will not take. Also, he`s like always protecting his arms from injuries, because he relies on them to compensate the leg weakness (he uses a cane to walk). But, the most of arm injuries are treatable and curable. The earlier you start treating the injury, the more likely you will recover. Falling is also dangerous, because it can lead to disability. Bruises and broken bones can lead to permanent brain damage. Easy to say not to fall, but he`s so weak, and have problems with dizziness. He trips from time to time, and it`s just a step away from falling.