Hi. I`m 32 yo and have a problem with dizziness (had an inflammation of the inner ear). I have this feeling of falling down (and sometimes I actually fall) and sometimes my vision is all blurred. My doctor calls it a balance problem (was diagnosed with so called Labyrinthitis. Is there anybody with some experience who could tell me something more about it?

Hi. A balance disorder is a disturbance that causes you to feel unsteady, dizzy or have a sensation of movement. Infections, head injuries, some meds, aging or disorders of blood circulation (afftecting your inner ear or brain) are all possible cause of a balance problem. There are many types of a balance problem, such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, labyrinthitis, Meniere`s disease, vestibular neuronitis and perilymph fistula. There are also many treatment options. Your doctor will treat your ear infection and that will stop your balance problem.

I had a stapendectomy performed and developed a perilymph fistula. A second surgery was not able to correct the problem, and the doctor says I have a "permanent fistual".

Pytel, if you (or anyone) are aware of some treatment "that will stop your balance problem", I'd sure like to hear what it is.

Sorry, typo on my part... "permanent fistula".