Hi, my brother has undergone a very difficult and destructive polio disease. He is feeling weak and not willing to move too much. Is this weakness from Polio or is he just out of shape?

Hi, I know it is not easy to deal with polio since I was a child of three when I contracted polio. I wore a brace until around the age of six. I was active child, always playing in neighborhood. When I was ten my mother enrolled me in the basketball club. It has helped me to build self-esteem and improved my general condition and strength. I had two bone graft surgeries, this has slowed my sport activities and finally I stopped completely to do sport. Lately, I started to practice yoga, it has helped me a lot. I can stretch more and feel better. I have problems with my lower back, for years but even this gets better when I do exercises.