I was diagnosed with polysystic ovarian a couple of days ago. I am having incredible pain from time to time in my groins and lower abdomen. I started birth control pills today to regulate my menstrual flow. I know this doesn’t cure my condition and that the menstrual cycle will become abnormal again once I stop. I don’t know if they will help me get rid of the pain. What I would like to know is if I will have to undergo a surgery. Thank you

I think that surgery is recommended when you would like to induce ovulation. It is not recommended as the first course of treatment. During the surgery, a small incision above or below the navel is made, and a small instrument inserted. This instrument serves as telescope into the abdomen. A doctor punctures the ovary with a small needle that carries an electric current to destroy a small portion of the ovary. There is a risk of developing scar tissue on the ovary.

Hi there
i have just been diagnosed with it as well and i am on the pill and have been for 3 years! Last week was the very first time i had pain. would love to talk to anyone who has it and listen to them. My pain was horrible. i was so scared that i wouldnt be able to have children, but i no someone who had it and has since had 2 kids.
You wont have to have the operation until you are trying for kids and havent been able to fall pregnant naturally. Would love to hear from anyone. Thanks