I was diagnosed with polysystic ovaries about a week ago. I have been trying to get pregnant for a year, and have been unsuccessful. I have been put on prometrium, to regulate my periods. I normally go every 66 days or so without a period. My doctor said she wasn't going to do surgery, that it would be too painful, and she is not putting me on any other medication to reduce them. Is this normal, to not do anything? Next month she is going to do a hysterosalpinogram (i think i spelled it right), this is to look at my fallopian tubes to see if they are blocked. After this, she is going to put me on clomid. Should I get a second opinion, as far as going further to remove these, or do they remove on their own?
Bedside Blessings

hi there.
:( its actualy sad what we have to go through. I was diagnosed by a

GP, but i havent gone to a Gynocologiest and my appointment is in 5days

time. From what i have read and understood, you are at a point where

your doctor should consider surgery. In the mean time ask her to

prescribe metfomin for you it might help. Good luck.

I have the same problem and my doctor put me on Metformin and in about 6 months or so my periods started becoming more normal.