my wife had sudden sharp pain early this morning and for the pain was unbearable I took her to the doc and now she is hospitalized for the pelvic ultrasound showed ruptured cyst on ovary-and she is in fact now having emergency surgery. I am pretty much occupied with this ruptured cyst on ovary in my wife-I think it is about some cystadenomas-and am afraid if this could be some serious and life-threatening condition. I would also like to hear for we are young couple who were planning on having a baby soon would this ovarian cyst rupture cause any trouble regarding this issue? Thanks!

Being hospitalized for ruptured cyst on ovary is always life-threatening and if the emergency surgery is done on time than I don't think you should be worried that much. I suppose your wife had this cyst affected only one of her ovaries and if so she still has got good chances of staying pregnant. My sis had the same problem about 8 years ago and she had an urgent surgery for the ovarian cyst rupture and her left ovarian was removed but she managed to get a child. She also had the same sort of ovarian cyst like your wife-cystadenomas which in my sis case was filled with some mucous material that has spread all over the abdomen for the cyst has ruptured so it all needed to be cleared fine to avoid some infections and the only way it could be done is having an urgent surgery.

I was one of those unlucky ldies to have a ruptuerd ovarian cyst, i had to go in for emergency surgery and let me tell you, it was not fun. It followed for a couple of years having cysts now and then but never interfered with me having either of my children. I should add that due to the changes in my hormones I didnt have another one after my daughter ( going on three years now) Hope this helps and best of luck with getting pregnant!

A few days ago- I had a horrible, sharp pain in my lower left side that would start and stop for a couple days. Then one night I felt like I was having a heart attack with pain all throughout my stomach and chest. I went to the ER and they said that I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. HOWEVER that was that. I had no surgery, and they did not give me any kind of antibiotics. They did say it can affect fertility. But did not give me any type of info on what type of cyst it was or if I even have others.

My question is: should I be worried that I did not receive anything for my ruptured cyst? And will I have problems getting pregnant?

I went to the hospital with severe abd pain and bleeding the hospital thought I may have had appendicitis turns out I had a ruptured cyst. The doctor said it exploded and my body would have to absorb the blood. I didnt get any antibodics. They gave me pain medicine and sent me home. Well 24 hours later the pain had moved up my stomach and to my chest and I couldnt even take deep breaths so I went back and after another ultra-sound and ct scan to rule out gall-stones I was given a heavier pain medicine and told it was just the cyst. though it was painful it would slowly pass away.

Two days ago my friend died after surgery for what doctors thought was appendicitis but turned out to be a ruptured cyst. Her youngest child is 8 months old and apparently she had starting showing symptoms while she was pregnant but doctors thought it was just part of her pregnancy.

I just found out that I have a cyst and I'm four months pregnant. Doctors have reassured me that it's nothing to worry about. What worries me is that some of the symptoms of a ruptured cyst are the same as pregnancy sypmtoms and I could easily be dismissed by doctors if my cyst ruptures.

Apart from regular checks, I can only pray that between the doctor and myself, we'll be able to pick up if something is not quite right.

Reading all the other post, I have some of the same experiences. I am 36 & this Monday I woke up to the worse pain ever measuring as bad as pregnancy contractions. The pain was mostly on the left side of my stomach but radiated everywhere, back, legs, hips and head, low grade temperature. I thought I had the flu, then was told at urgent care my white blood cells were extremely high & sent me directly over to the ER saying it could possibly be Appendicitis. After many hours, an iv, more blood work, ct scan, pap swab & ultra sound.... inconclusive reports, but the doctor said it was a ruptured cyst on my left ovary. Said the only thing that will help is to start taking birth control pills. He then gave me morphine & sent me home..... The following day I get in to see my doctor who gives me the once over & looks at the night b4 notes & results & sends me back to radiology for more ultra sounds. He then say it is a ruptured cyst or an egg stuck in a fallopian tube. He says the pain will continue until my menstrual cycle comes & I need to start the birth control pills or this will continue. If I start vomiting or have high grade temp go to the ER.

I was sent to the ER with severe abdominal pain on my left side, and couldn't keep anything at all in my stomach. They did an ultrasound after administering pain and nausea meds, but found nothing. "Must have been an ovarian cyst that ruptured, that's why we didn't find anything," they said. After only a few days on the take-home meds, I was fine. I still don't know whether this was what they said it was or not, but it's gone, so it's a gift horse. I guess I shouldn't look it in the mouth.

Hi i'm only 20 years old and i was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries syndrome when i was 15 years old, but it took them around 5 years to diagnose as i was not your typical case. After reading all the posts i know how you feel with the pain except i go through it regularly nearly everyday and there is nothing they can do as i have had different treatments surgery, medications and not worked contraception is the best thing keeps the cysts at bay i have had about 7 ruptures and remember the pain well, now i've found out i can't conceive naturally either it feels so much to deal with at the age of 20, but i guess you have to learn to live with it some way, still hard.

Hi I am a 38 years old and I have had ovaluation pain for 17 years now, so when I first felt pain in my left side I thought great ovaluation has started and it is worse. I soon discovered that was not the case, the pain got so intense I could barely move. My husband took me to the ER were after several test the doctor told me I had a rupatured cyst and that I have two more cyst. I was given lots of pain meds which barely took any of the pain away. I was sent home with antibotics, vicodin, naproxen, and nausea med. The doctor in the ER basically said that is all they could do and it would feel better in a few days. I am making an appointment with my PCP and then on to a gyn. I am hoping for advice on anything to help with the pain as the pain meds just do not help much.

hi im 14 and sinse last year in may i have had 10 ruptured cysts i was in intensive pain i couldent walk eat drink or anything i was sent to hospital with appendicitos but when they done the oparation the first time they round it was a ruptured cyst and sine then ive had 9 more which ive had to have removed sergecly my ovarys are that badley damaged ive had to have both of the romoved because they had massiv holes in them i am gutted all my life sinse i was little ive wonted children an now all my life has gone down the drain i blame the doctures for keep sayen there was nuthing wrong when i was in pain befor i was sent to the hospital i must have been to the doctoures about 20 times befor the cyst ruptured i just hope every 1 that has this problem it doesent get as bad as mine did good luck 2 u all and im sorry about any spellen mastakes on ths

I had a ruptured cyst in Spring 2007. At the time I was on a blood thinner for blood clots in my lungs caused by birth control pills. I went to the ER after passing out that morning. They told me I had a ruptured cyst and my body would absorb the blood and it would heal itself. However, that was not the case because of the blood thinners. I nearly bleed out. I was vomiting and BP was way low (52/29). I felt like I was burning up however, according to the nurses my skin was freezing. I ended up having surgery AND 8 pints of blood/plasma given to me. So every pain I have in my ovary areas I get nervous even though I'm not on blood thinners anymore.

Im 15 and i woke up about 8 am to an unbearable pain in my stomach and right side..i started sweating and cryin then my parents took me to the emergency room and the did multiple tests such as blood tests, urine test, and a Ct scan but none of these tests showed anything out of the ordinary . This led my doctor to believe i ruptured my ovary. After puuting pressure in multiple spots of my adomen and then came to the conclusion that yes i did have a ruptured ovary . He sent me home and just told me to take childrens moltrin whenever it started hurting.

anonymous wrote:

I also have PCOS. I believe I have endo as well. The daily pain is awful. I use a heating pad to help & I also do breathing exercizes to help deal with the pain. I am finding I have to learn to live with it as well. I'm so sorry for all of you suffering. Hang in there!

my sister has poly cystic ovarian disease...18 yrs she tried having babys she was 20 also when she found out at the age og 8 she had a healthy babyy boy and is pregnant with twins...it can happen  have faith