Can anyone give me more info on ovarian cysts? Personal experiences?
I feel like I am having all the symptoms; however I am on birth control and it said it was unlikely that they would develop on the pill. I was off of the pill for a month like 5 months ago would it be possible then?

I too developed an ovarian cyst, and did so while being on birth control . My OBGYN provided some literature for me to familiarize myself with the abnormality. My particular cyst was called a corpus luteum cyst, and it lasted through 2 menstrual cycles and then dissolved itself.
Some of the symptoms include: pelvic pain or a dull ache which radiates to your lower back and thighs, pressure on your bladder, fullness in your abdomen and menstrual irregularity. If you feel as though what you are experiencing you need to contact your ob for a checkup.

I have had an ovarian cyst before. In fact, I just had one at the beginning of November. Today marks my 4 week post op from surgery.

Mine was a little smaller than a grapefruit on my right ovary. I just turned 20 2 weeks ago but I wasn't on the pill. After the surgery they put me on it but I am having problems now which will either be pancreatitis, diabetes or another cyst.. I've already got all three of those but I had the most horrible pain in my side that I thought it was pancreatitis again. Then I went to the ER and they did a CT and showed I had a golf ball sized cyst. I went to my OBGYN 2 days later and I had an ultrasound done and it showed VOILA a grapefruit sized one. So Halloween morning I was getting PREOP done and November 1st I was on the operating table.

I had my gallbladder removed in August and now have been diagnosed with diabetes. I've been in the hospital every month since AUgust for something. But I only weigh 115 pounds and i'm 5'3. So nothing is not normal.

But if you have sharp stabbing pains and swelling then I would get it checked..