So I was home alone last week and my boyfriend decided to come round, we were fooling around and I ended up wanking him off and he fingered me, we didn't go as far as sex but I'm worried some of his semen still managed to enter my vagina as we were very lose and today I have felt sick all day and threw up in my mouth yesterday, and I haven't been sick in years. I'm feeling nausea, slightly bloated, dizzyness every now and again, also some back pain and headaches, but I constantly get headaches anyway. It is possible we have had close contact before last week but this is the first week of my symptoms, help and advice would be very appriciated. Thankyou x

It's possible but unlikely.  

If the semen was exposed to air for very long it would have dried and the sperm would die.

Your symptoms aren't specific enough to say you're pregnant.  It is very early for any symptoms to show.  More than likely it is the anxiety making you feel sick.

Even under the best circumstances, there is only about a 20% chance of pregnancy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the brief symptoms; I'm constantly feeling sick, and I'm sure that it isn't nerves as when I push on my stomach it hurts, and that may sound like a ridiculous method. Yesterday as previously mentioned I threw up in my mouth and then went to be sick but couldn't. I keep experiencing pain in my lower back and get dizzy sometimes when I stand up, and also when I'm already stood up or even sat down. I also experienced blurred vision before, I have recently developed a small ache (the best I can describe it as) in my lower stomach close to my vagina. I have never experienced cramp, so am unsure of how that feels. As I have previously mentioned I have been getting headaches, I have been taking paracetamol but it doesn't seem to make the sickness less intense or go away. Thankyou so much for your advice so far, it'd be appreciated if you could help me further, thankyou again x

Glad to help but really, until you miss your period, there is no way to know. You could have a stomach virus or other GI issue going on, even "down there."

When is your period due? When was your last period? You'd likely ovulate between days 11-16 of your cycle and be the most fertile then.

That is intersting, do my symptons sound like anything you can remember coming acroos before?

My period is due around the 6th of the next month, my period was around that time last month but only lasts 4/5 days and could have started before the 6th as i remember it ending around the 9th. Unfortunatley, i do not keep records. Thankyou again, this advice is helping me alot.

I also forgot to mention, along with my other symptons i seem to be bloated and i havent eaten much today, as i live in the UK it is now late and i wont be eating till morning.

If i did have a stomach virus what other symptons can i look out for? Also, are there any other possible symptons i can look out for aswell as the ones i have stated that seem similar and could possibly give me a diagnosis other than pregnancy? Or symptons that along with the ones previously stated that can give me a diagnosis.

You have helped me alot so far, your time and effort is appriciated; many thanks, i await your reply.

Good, OK. It ended around the 9th so probably started around the 3rd.

When last week did this happen? From the 14th to the 19th is when you'd have been most fertile. Unfortunately, this seems to cover most of last week. So, we can't really rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Still, I think it unlikely.

Yes, I've seen lots of GI and stomach issues. It could very well be "stomach" virus. Nausea, vomiting, bloating, diarrhea, cramps, dizziness, and general aches/pains, all can be symptoms.

The 17th, throught the time spent we were both in underwear but i am concious that i know at one time we were extreemly close and i know there was semen present or whether semen managed to get onto his hand.

I worry because i have never experienced these symptoms before and cant think of something i have eaten out of the normal to bring up stomach issues.

That help, thankyou. Although i have not experienced diarrhea in the slightest or any sign of it, that is why i ruled out stomach issues close to the symptoms arriving, aswell as when i vomited in my mouth it was very unexpected.  Can i have stomach issues without diarrhea? Other than that all the symptoms seem to be what i am experiencing, except since yesterday i have not vomitted.

If you were both wearing clothes the odds go down, it is much more unlikely. Semen on his hand, unless pretty much immediately put into your vagina is likely not viable.

Yes, you can have stomach issues with no diarrhea. Upset stomach, headache, cramps, all can fit.

That's what i though originally, but as it was a first time experience and i am young, i couldnt help but query because odds are odds and someone has to be that one in a million. Please do not judge, i can assure you i wont be getting myself into any situation like this one for a long time and i didnt have sex as i know im not ready.

Thankyou for all your help, i would feel re-assured if i know i can re-post on this again within the next few days, or whenever i feel i am developing new sypmtoms or that they are getting more intense and if you could help me as much as you have been doing.

You have really helped and i couldnt thankyou enough, only time will tell.

You're always welcome to repost.  If I don't respond someone else will, but I will be notified if you post again.

You can sign up for an account too! 

Hello medic-dan, I have noticed today that recently I'm becoming full alot quicker than usual and am not managing to finish meals of the same portion as usual and feel very bloated afterwards. This is without snacking, and before recent I've been snacking alot aswell as managing to finish meals. Is this a sign of a stomach related issue, or pregnancy? Or just a strange occurrence possibly.

If anyone else could help it'd be really appreciated as i have no-one to talk to about this, my mum and I aren't that close so never discuss boyfriends nevermind sex and pregnancy so I don't want to worry here if there is no need. I'm at legal age in the UK, 16 and nearly 17 and I'm tempted to go to the doctors but feel if it is something else I may be laughed out and my mother will find out if I get an appointment. I know you may say I need to tell an adult but I only want to if it turns out I am pregnant. If I am experiencing stomach issues what can I do or what medication can I take that should make it go away? And if not what signs can I look out to indicate pregnancy, as we also got close on July 26th and august 4th, we both were fully clothed but it included alot of touching. Today I have experienced nausea, but no vomiting, back ache, dizziness, light-headedness, fullness, bloated, feeling the need to pee and possibly cramp, but I am unaware of what cramp feels like... Although I have been experiencing some sort of pain in the area under my stomach just over my vagina area.

Hi guest,

First question, how are your bowels?  Are you going "regularly?"

How long have you felt this way?  You indicate it was only yesterday you felt "sick."

Meanwhile, watch out for fizzy drinks and all.  Try some ginger tea.

Hope it helps.

I've been experiencing constant nausea for 4 days now, i get headaches and feel dizzy sometimes and go faint. I have no appatite and this morning i have gone to eat and feel like throwing it back up straight away. My stomach feels constantly bloated, and when i push on it, it feels hard and hurts. I'm also not managing to finish meals. But, i woke up this morning with a small amount of white discharge in my knickers and began to feel scared.

I've tried taking Paracetamol which doesnt seem to affect anything. Currently trying to eat Weatabix, for if my stomach issue is constapation; Although i did have a poo yesterday and am concious that if the Weatabix works, it could still not be a stomach issue.

For your first question, i seem to be going as regularly as normal and as i previously mentioned 4 days i have been feeling sick. Also, i never drink fizzy drinks anyway, i usually drink water or cordial.

Thankyou so much, i took your advice and got an account.