Hi can anyone help me. I am a 23 year old female. I am of slim build and have been slim all my life bout 7 1/2 stone, I am only 5 foot. I do al ot of excercise I do ballet twice a week, I go on bike rides and I do work out dvds, but I have noticed that my stomach keeps becoming distended I can actuall watch it bloating ou! so much that it feels like my skin is stretching and I dont know what it could be, I wake up in the morning with a flat stomach and as soon as I start drinking out it bloats! Please help as I dnt know what it could be and it really stressing me out! I also get like a sharp pain every so often under my right rib cage and some times like and aching feeling in my bladder region, please help!

Well, I think you should have a word with a doctor on this one and have a full physical examination to try to figure it out.
There could be a couple of explanations for being bloated. Some people may be intolerant to certain groups of foods and start getting distended stomachs, belching, and flatulence when eating these things. Food intolerance may be hard to determine but if you think that certain foods or liquids may be causing the bloated stomachs, you should certainly avoid them. Sparkling drinks including mineral water could be causing the symptoms as well.
You never reported being constipated so I wouldn’t suspect this, but if you do have problems with infrequent bowel movements, this could be your main suspect.
Vegetables like beans, onions, broccoli and cabbage are very good sources of fiber but could be inducing your problems.
In order to know for sure, you need to see a doctor.

Hey guys. I'm Jake. My aunt also went through the same thing, she felt sharp pain in her abdomen and it turned out to be inflamed Appendix. I don't know what may be the cause of distended stomach but I know one thing: You should consult a specialist right away because the more you wait the bigger the odds are that something potentially harmless might evolve in something dangerous. I would do full physical examination of your body, blood samples to check for particular diseases, as well as stool examination. You might consider doing endoscopy and other procedures but please do all it takes to figure your problem out and let us know. 

My friend had the same symptoms (along with bloody stool) and it ended up that she had a gluten intolerance (I think it's called Celiac disease). Many of her problems were solved when she stopped eating gluten. Also, I read somewhere that the bloating could be from a lack of HCl in your stomach. There are HCl tablets available with Oxen bile that you could try. There is a book called something like The 7 Day Detox Diet that describes this HCl phenomenon (look in the index under HCl).

Did anyone figure anything out?
I've had the same exact issue -- I have it for a couple of months, then it goes away. Comes back again in 6 months. Like you, in the AM, stomach is flat as a board. Drink or eat anything (even sips of water), and my stomach starts to stretch out. By 10pm, I look like I'm 6 months pregnant. Been to lots of doctors, heard lots of theories, but none of them has solved my problem. Hoping you've had better luck.

same problem here... i was worried... i look like i'm 6 months pregnant... very embarrasing.. i suspect it's irritable bowel syndrome

I've been having similar symptoms, which bothers me mentally, cause im a thin person and now for the past two weeks i have this pot belly that came out of no where. I feel bloated all the time and my stomach looks bloated. Sometimes it makes noises and i feel gassy. It started about two weeks ago for me. Im not sure whats going on, but im scared.

As bad as this may sound, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this condition. I'm so frustrated.

I have the same problem! It really isn't my stomach that becomes distended though. It is my lower abdomen. In the morning my abs are really flat...then the minute I eat or drink ANYTHING my abs bloat out! I thought I was the only one with these symptoms!

Same with me distended stomach, pain and weight gain actually

im having the same problem. week or so in. Kinda feels like i have a lot of gas down there i need released but i cant even with regular bowel movements.

I am also having the same problems...I am currently in the middle of seeing a gastro doctor but every doctor keeps telling me that nothing seems to be wrong and then they give me another sort of laxative...i am a very active person, 21 years old and i look like im pregnant! Ive also gained some weight recently which is weird because i have been doing alot of cardio to get back in shape for basketball season...ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS?!?!?!

same issue but it sits in my upper body, like none of the food i moving down

I have had the same issues for almost a full year. I have ysts on my ovaries. Evertime my stomach gets like this, that is what it is. I've even had a colonpscopy and that was o. k. Everytime my stomach does this, I ask my Dr. to go get a ultrasound because I know the symptoms so well and it is usually when the cyst ruptures and the fluid leaks into my stomach. It gets so bloated that I sometimes have trouble breathing. I am getting a hysterectomy in a few weeks because I've had this problem 8 months out of this year. If the Dr. should find anything while doing the hysterectomy I will let ya know. liz in la

I have the same issues have you found out anything new cause i need a cure