I had`the surgery done over 7 years ago after`the birth of my daughter. For the last few weeks I have been feeling off. I get hot and nauseous out of the blue, my stomach is swollen, I am really tired, and I have noticeble blue veins across my breasts and inner thighs that were not there before. Could I be pregnant or is there another condiition that has the same symptoms?

How old are you? It could be your hormones but if your stomach got swollen you should see a doctor. Uterine fibroids would often cause stomach to extend.

Tubal ligation could fail and sometimes the tubes could re-connect but it usually happens soon after the surgery was performed. HAve you had follow-ups after your surgery?

I would suggest you saw a gyn anyway and have this symptoms checked.

Wrong about it happening soon after tubes are tied. I can tell you my tubes were tied 6 years ago and I just found out yesterday I am 6 weeks pregnant. Take a test because I no longer trust the tubes being tied.

Are you sure that your tubal ligation was sucessful in the first place?

I didn't get pregnant for 6 years so I took that as sucessful yes.

hi my name is nicole loud and i need to know if i'm pregnant or not and how affective is tubal ligation and like carrie ive been feeling off but its almost been a month since i had my tubal ligation and i have only been trowing up just about everyday and night and i feel exausted because i have a 11 month old and my breasts hurt and my back also my stomach and i can't stop eating and i feel like i'm getting fat or so i think should i call my doctor or should i just leave it be

I am a 37year mom. I had my tubes done over 16 years ago. Lately, I have had every tell tale sign of prenancy I know. My stomach is swollen, I get tired really easy, my hair is growing, my appetite is great, but my breasts are swollen, I have never had big breast..now I have to go buy some new bras to accomodate breast that weren't there two months ago, they are tender too, my lower back aches all the time. My stomache bothers me almost regularly every nite and sometimes during the day. I know I need to see a doctor but I'm not sure I can handle the results. I mean my youngest child now is 16. What do you think can someone , anyone get back to me...Really Worried.

I would definitely get a test or go see the doctor. My mom got her tubes tied after I was born and it was a successful surgery and then 6 years later she found out that she was pregnant and well my brother is now 16. My sister also had one done two years ago and she has been having quite a few pregnancy symptoms and she is going to the doctor's to see what is going on. Keep in mind that both of these surgeries were successful, there is a chance that your body can grow that tissue back. That chance has increased quite a bit over the years. Good luck and go see a doctor.

Hi my name is Mary could someone please help me i'm not sure whats going on please if there is anyone else out there that this happened too. I got my tubes tied after my son was born 7 1/2 yrs ago. Then in Dec. 07 I had a really heavy period then come Jan. I was 11 days late and it only lasted 3 days it normally lasts at least 7 then when I went off my husband and I had sex and I spotted real light a couple of times afterwards sorry about being so graphic i'm just confused. The same thing happened with my son exactly now i'm getting sick to my stomach my stomach is swollen I have blue veins in my breast i'm craving foods I don't even like and I have this cloudy liquid coming out of my breast I know I need to go to the doctor but i'm scared because I kinda want to be and my husband really wants it so I guess I don't want to hear i'm not if this has happened to anyone else please let me know.

I had a TL after my 2nd daughter was born. now 11 years later I have had for the past 4 months very strange things happen to my body. One, 4 months ago I thought I was pregnant I craved hot and spicy food.( I hate spicy food) and was having right and left side pain. Went to the doctors. We today I finally paid off all my doctor bills from them. I have had period since but they are very short and the only way I know I have a period is when I wipe. We here I am in April I was suppose to start my Period March 31 or April 1st. I have not one sign of it coming. I am actually been in a really goofy, happy, crazy, giddy mood. I should be moody. Which is what happens when I'm close to starting my period. My breast are sore have been for the past week. I still crave spicy food 4months later. (my husband thinks I crazy I eat jalopinos right out of the jar. go through a gallon every other week)
I had yesterday morning, dizziness and nausea. can anyone tell me if this is normal? I really dont want to go back to the doctors so they can say im just fine. I'll text again it I start. Thank you to whom ever can answer this question. XD

I had my tubes tide 2yrs ago. In January of this yr I had a chemical pregnancy. In April my period lasted for 9 days and it normally las to for 7 days. In March my period lasted for 4 days. It's now June and I haven't one yet. I have been cramping like it wants to come for over a week now but nothing. My breast are extremely tender and there is discharge. I am so tired. Everytime I eat anything I feel like I have to go throw it up. The only time I had any morning sickness was with the chemical pregnancy I had. With all my pregnancies the way I knew I was pregnant was the cramping with noe cycle. I'm to scared to take a pregnancy test again have them tell me later it's another chemical pregnancy. What should I do?

Hi my name is Tina.
I had my tubal done 10 yrs ago. I haven't missed a period yet but with both my other pregnancies I had periods for first 2 mnths and. Test wouldn't come back positive until I was a couple months along. I am having some discomfort in my lower abdomen and very tender breasts. I took one test so far that was negative. I am not nauseous but wasn't with 1st 2 either. Are their any other not so common tale tale signs of pregnancy? Am worried. And can't really afford a blood test.

Hi. I as well am having some strange things going on. Actually friday I was in ER with some sharp pains in my lower left side.. been cramping for a while and was supposed to start my period on Friday as well.. We did all the tests in hospital and everything came back negative.. I had a tubal 6 years ago in December so I was thinking just carry on as I always do. Spent the weekend with my fiance and well (we all know what adults do) and actually the pain in lower side went away but now I have a heavy feeling and was thinking I was going to start. Today though only a little pink when I wipe. I am super tired and my friends mom said I was going to eat her out of house and home... lol I still have some slight cramping but not like when I normally start and considering now that I am almost a week late was just curious if I am getting my hopes up for nothing or could there really be a possibility that I could be .......... Another thing is my son told me I was pg with my daughter 7 years ago... recently he came up to me and asked me if I got my baby making machine fixed. lol I have also heard from other people that I am glowing. I really don't want to get all excited just would like someone to answer the questions... lol I am planning to take a test closer to thanksgiving if I haven't started as I am scared of negatives and I want to give my body enough time to start on its own before rushing out and getting a test.

Hello mom4two,

I am in the same boat. I have two wonderful girls 9 & 4. I had a tubal ligation (cauterized) 6mo after my youngest. Now, 4yrs later I am showing all signs of being prego & I'm not sure what to do. I've never had great luck with dr's (long stories).

I've only been feeling this way for 2wks & I'm wondering if perhaps my body/mind is playing tricks on me or something. I did take a prego test last week that came up negative (but I've also heard that the regular over the counter tests usually come back negative after a tubal) & as I said before, I don't want to jump the gun with going to have a blood test. I guess I'm nervous about them acting like I'm crazy after having a tubal & wanting a blood test to question pregnancy. Plus, I did start my period (although abnormal) last weekend. I thought that was the answer & everything would return to normal after I finished my period. However, I have finished & still having all the signs, symptoms, & then some. I don't want them to just blow me off like they have in the past. Something is off.

My youngest daughter too, came up last week & asked me when I was going to get her baby brother out of my tummy. Creepy! I asked her why she thought there was a baby in there & she replies, 'Well can't you feel it?' I said, 'Mommy probably just has some gas or something.' And she says, 'Mommy, you're silly ... gas only goes in cars!' She continues this week coming up randomly to rub my tummy & kiss it. Funny!

I headed to quick care today to see if I could have them do a quick blood test before I make an appt with the dr, but the copay was ridiculous & I didn't want to pay them to have them turn around & send me to the ob. But then I question how I explain to the ob why I'm there on just a hunch & possibly imaginary symptoms from my body/mind playing tricks.

I'm just scared to death of an ectopic pregnancy. I'm not sure if I could deal with that.

My husband was an 'oops baby' 11mo's after my MIL had her tubes during birth with her 2nd son. And my SIL was born 5yrs after that regardless of the 2nd tubal that my MIL had undergone (a correction after the 1st 'oops'). So I guess anything is possible. I feel incredibly guilty for being so fertile. We have several friends that have either had extremely difficult time getting/keeping pregnancies & here I am with my tubes definitely tied & possibly pregnant anyway. We try to live with the theory in life, 'If it's meant to be, it will be.' But WOW!!!

I know I wasn't of much help there, but I am so glad that I'm not the only one questioning this possibility. Thank you for letting me vent about this. I can't talk to any of our friends or family about this until I know I'm not 'entirely' crazy & this is really happening (or not).

I am 44 years old, tubal ligation 16 years ago, have had pregnancy syptoms for the past 3 and half months negative tests, (2) have tender swollen breasts with yellowish sticky stuff coming out of them, cravings, nightly leg cramps, nausea, no period for 16 weeks now, always hungry, and I swear I have felt that quickening in my abdomen,(felt it at a3 1/2 months with the other pregnancies, and my abdoman has changed shape or something is different, If any one can tell me if this has happen to them I would appreciate it,