Hi. I'm 36 year old male and I would like to tell my friend more about his symptoms. He’s a bit older then me and we are working together almost ten years now.
These last couple of weeks he has started to complain about painful and swollen feet. Beside this he has also noticed that the nails on his feet are growing much more then usual.
Anyway, the pain is present for few months now but he’s afraid to talk with any doctor because of this. I forgot to mention that he become paranoid because he read somewhere that it could be a part of some RSD syndrome.

Well, I don’t know what how much do you know about this disease but as far as I know- your friend could be telling the truth because he has almost all the typical symptoms!
RSDS stands for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome and it is one still mysterious disease in which affected area is painful and swollen.
Changes in temperature and color of skin are also present at the first stage of disease.
Like I said, although the cause is unknown, in many cases it occur as a result of injury to nerves, bones or joints. He should contact his GP anyway to receive some anti-inflammatory medications which could definitely help him.