Hi. I’ve been feeling really hard pain in my foot lately. Pain is the most severe in the morning and I even can’t walk properly a while after I get up – I limp. I’m 27 years old and I’m physically very active (I’m jogging almost every single morning) but I’ve never experienced anything like this… I also did not have any injury that could be cause. Does anybody here knows what could be the problem? Thanx.

From what you wrote the my best guess is that you have sesamoiditis. It is painful inflammation of the sesamoid apparatus located in the forefoot and it is very common condition affecting physically active young people. That is why I believe that is the case with you. Sesamoiditis causes pain in the ball of the foot and it may be constant or aggravated by movement of the big toe joint. Treatment for it is noninvasive. First of all, you must have a strict period of rest! Also, if the pain is really severe, you can use a modified shoe pad with a cutout to reduce pressure on the affected area. Also, Motrin and Aleve can help you reduce pain but those are only short term solutions.