My feet are flat and I’ve noticed that I have some difficulties while I’m running. My feet and legs hurt and I feel pretty uncomfortable. I’ve read that there are various kinds of running shoes, especially designed for foot type and I don’t know what the best for flat feet are. Can you give me a few suggestions about comfortable running shoes for flat feet?

As you probably know, there are three types of foot motion, that is, pronation – overpronation, underpronation and neutral pronation. People with flat feet are usually overpronator which means that their feet tend to hit the ground more on the inside. You can determine the type of pronation if you examine the sole of your shoes and if they’re more worn out on the inside, you’re pronator. The shoes for overpronators are usually motion control shoes with good support and they have to be well-cushioned. For example, you can try Mizuno Alchemy. Another suggestion is Asics Gel Evolution Stability which is a great shoe for overpronation. They’re flexible and comfortable and you’ll avoid blisters and pain in your feet.