So, what's up with these?
Another gimmick or is this spring thing for real? i keep reading about new technology that won't break down - ever. " these shoes will fall apart before they break down"

they range in price from $90 to $140.

any opinions on the springy thingy?

I have a feeling the soles will wear out in heavier runners faster. Price is not too bad, but I am not sure if I would trust my legs to them. I spent too long trying to find the right shoe for me.

I never even heard of them before. They look like a nice shoe. Maybe one of the running magazines has a review.

i first heard of them with this linked ad -- it's in Runners World this month.

yeah, i said RUNNERS WORLD. :P

i'm going to penis's today for other things and will try these things on.

hurry Phar--stop me!

What are you running in now? I know you have been looking for your shoe for awhile

I've been privy to enough personal testimonies of fellow runners in these parts that just love Zcoils. I suspect Spiras will be making inward roads into running circles too. Guys like Phar can 'fight the man' for all their breath but as much as you all know I have a caveman runner sitting between my own ears, I fully believe we're looking at the future of running shoes.

actually, i'm quite happy with my New Balance 1023s. i'm a suck-ah for a new marketing campaign though.

I have a pair of the Genesis. Our store was going to carry them and the Spira rep gave each of us a pair to try out. I hate them. I can feel the spring in the forefoot when running. (the upper level shoes have a spring in the heel and forefoot, the less expensive models only in the heel) I managed 2 miles the first run, then changed shoes. I didn't make it that long the second time. After we ran in them, we sent the shoes back and decided not to carry them. They're also pretty ugly.

thank you ms. katt!!
that's all i needed to hear. any sort of negative by a RiffRaffer is enough for me. so good that you work at that running store!!!
um, case closed i guess.

If I remember right, the RW review said the same thing, that the forefoot spring was a drawback. I wouldn't discount the model that has the springs in the heel only. That's similar to the Zcoil and worth trying at the store if you can.

The shoes look pretty normal, but having a spring in them doesn't seem very fair. I wonder if they are legit and if they really work. Only way to find out? Test run at the local running shoe store..

Whether you are running, standing or walking, a good pair of running shoes is about convenience and reduce the impact. Forward running shoes use a technology called WaveSpring when the three springs are strategically positioned in every stability shoe.

hi,
Spira running shoes are a little less known than the shoes of the traditional big brands. Spira is known for its ability to solve foot problems.

A little pricey, but the Spira odyssey allows me to keep running. I've had Plantar Fasciitis, knee and back problems,which ended my running. I tried the spira's and started running again pain free.