I am having a corn removed surgically next month, it is in the middle next to the second toe and has been there for years. My doctor told me in order to remove it, she will have to go all the way and even have to shave part of the bone. I am just wondering how painful and long the recovery period usually is after this process? I have had it for so long and wearing any kind of shoes unless open toed sandals, is extremely painful for me. I have tried everything over the counter even clipping part of it myself, to no avail? Any information regarding this?

I had 3 corns removed on March 16, 2007. Two were located on my ring toe, one on the middle toe but on the left side. I had the surgery on Friday, March 16th and returned back to work on Tuesday, March 20th. The Doctor prescribed me with a non-narcotic pain killer but I hardly took it . I found that ibuprofen/advil alleviated the pain. I had the stitches removed the week of March 26th (I can’t remember exact date). It’s a little scary when you see your toes unwrapped for the first time. I had a line of stitches down my ring toe as well as the side, with severe bruising. I wore the surgical black boot from 3/16 until April 6th. (The doctor did make the surgery seem less painful then what it was – but I think In my opinion – I’ve experienced that tale more then once.) I have now been in a wide sneaker since April 6th. I have to keep my toes wrapped as well as the top part of my foot. I still have minor bruising but the black mark from the stitches is finally starting to go away. Today I tried to go without my toes/foot wrapped and I am in pain. It’s not so much my toes as much as my actual foot. Obviously, it’s because of the way I’m walking. I work in NYC, so I do walk to and from the train as well as when I am at work. I had my bunion removed about 6 years ago and although it was a while ago, I remember the healing process to be a bit easier. I did however drive to and from work during that time. That may have helped my recovery a bit. I think everyone is different in regards to recovery time. I had a bunion removed and went dancing one month later. Now, I’m still putting ice on my foot a month later after getting 3 little corns removed.
I hope to be in my sexy heels soon!! I’m tired of these sneakers!!
Good Luck and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!!
Jessica

Hi, Im thinkin bout gettin the procedure done. Just wondering if JessyJean had to have any bones shaved at all or bits chopped off the actual toe? Was it a full invasive procedure or was it literally just the bad hardened corn skin which was removed? Also wondering rough costs for this procedure? Thanks! (And hopefully by now your tottwring around in your vamp heels!) :-)

Yeah I really want to know whether the toes were shaved to the bone and th eprice of the procedure.I have had my corns for years and have been doing everything possible to remove them myself, but to no avail. I have been so embarassed to put my feet out during the day as a result. Please help
Thanx
B

Thanks for your thorough description of the surgery and recovery. I am thinking of having it done as well and this helped a lot. I would like to know - how are you doing now? And how long did it take for you to fully recover?

Thanks so much!

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN HAVE MY CORN REMOVED I AM 42YR ,AND I HAVE WANT TO THE DOC BUT WAS TOLD THE , HE WILL NOT REMOVED THEM PLEASE HELP .

hi i had a corn removed from the bottom of my foot in july this year they cut rite down to the bone and it has returned it is so painful has any one else had this done

You can remove them yourself naturally by soaking then scrubbing with a pumice stone. You don't need surgery at all.

Had surgery to remove part of bone under corn. It's been 2 months and I still need to wrap my toes ever day. I had both baby toes done. Still throbbing still taking Tylenol and still seeing the podiatrist.

I had 4 tires recently done. I am amazed and happy. Try Keyes for Toes!

I have it done about. One month again still have. Pain be very care about go back to work to so