I am 20 days post total hip replacement on my right side. Pain that I was experiencing before surgery is gone, but I'm now experiencing severe pain to my leg, my foot feels as though it's being stung my a 1000 bees, and I have limited foot mobility. I can push foot forward(like pressing a gas pedal) but can't pull the foot back towards shin. Sometimes the pain in leg is shooting, but it is also constant. My ankle, foot and toes are still severely swollen and I have little movement in toes. The pain is excrusiating. Surgeon says it will get better with time and has offered no other options. Any suggestions as I would rather die than have to live with this pain. Oh yes, the percocet and the lorcet had no effect whatsoever on this pain.

loffybee,

I note the date of your post and was wondering what things are like now. Reason being that I had a left THR on 11-07-11.

Developed huge hematoma, they went back in (after too long a delay and pain that made me wish somebody would just shoot me) at same incision. Developed another and they went back in less than 12 hours later.

Same deal with the pain for about 6 weeks. Now it still hurts all the time to varying degrees. Left side of calf is still numb as is my foot. Still have "drop foot".

Just wondering if you have had any improvement that would allow me some hope that it might recover.

Thanks,

Sky

Hello. I see there was no reply from loftybee; wish there had been. How are you doing now? My thr was 1.9 years ago. Have same problem as you. It's called drop foot. Mine has improved but only very minimally. I'm on a nerve med called Neurontin, three times a day at 600 mg per dose; it helps to a degree. Meanwhile my foot/ankle are mostly numb and in constant danger of falling. Life feels all up hill and I wear out easily. I am able to walk without devices, so thank God. Over the course of time my other hip has now deteriorated and eventually will need replacing, omg. What to do? See the same surgeon who knows the situation best, or move on????

hi I had my hip replaced rt side jan 15 2014 I to am experiencing the same pain in my rt. foot. I see that your post is over a year ago did your pain in your foot ever get better ? Jeffrey Borrego

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i just had total hip replacement jan 2nd it was very painful for me they gave me a spinal so that my hip would be numb when I come out of surgery well after the spinal wore off I noticed that me foot was numb and I cant move it. the pain is sooooo bad feels like pins sticking me, my ankle pops everytime I walk . I walk with a very bad limp I cant deal with the pain it feels like im walking on hot coals please if anyone have any advice please help . I was told that one precent of people who have hip or knee will have drop foot . thts the term my doctors call it

I had my total hip replacement on January 27, 2014 and have lower leg and ankle pain ever since. I have received numerous physiotherapy on the leg and ankle with no improvement. My surgeon can't explain why this has happened so I continue to live with the pain. Good luck in trying to get rid of it!

I am suffering from the same thing...my foot is numb and has a small amount of swelling and the pain is same...My GP doc. Placed me on Neurontin....I take 300 mg 3 times a day ...it keeps the major pain away and I am able to function...but still having problems finding a shoe that will allow me to walk with out a lot of pain...and still match the shoe on the other foot...I have considered walking with two different shoes...lol My advice to you or any one having this problem...get to your doc...get on Neurontin asap and get to a Nero- doc ...asap!