On my left foot my second and third toes are hammertoes. On my right foot my my second and third toes are hammertoes but not as bad, I can still bend them straight.

They do not cause me any pain day to day.. only sometimes the tops of my toes will rub the shoe i am wearing...
The only time I get pain is when I run. I run 5-6 days a week about 5 plus miles. My left foot starts to hurt around mile 3. Sometimes the pain is severe other times it is not so bad.

So I went to two doctors.
Doctor 1- said surgery on the left foot and a quick stitch type procedure on the right foot.
Doctor 2- said he wouldnt do surgery since it was not bothering me day to day. he did recommend a cushion to go on top of my foot to help with the pain while running.

So this is my dilemma.. Should I do the surgery now before my feet get worse? should i just wait til it is worse. I am younger (28) so maybe I should do it know before life gets busy with kids, work, etc.
Will the surgery make my feet worse for running? Any opinion and thoughts would be appreciated!

do not do it do not do it do not do it! I was u at 28 with a blister and such a runner that i jogged to my surgery cuz the thought of missing two weeks was so hard. I ended up missing the next two years and have been in BONE-crunching pain for the last 10. All I had was a lousy blister and a podiatrist who was making me the pad kept urging me to "just fix the toe already" -- I can't bend toe or even push off the ground now with my end toes and my arch kills from compensating. The stories u will read about podiatric nightmares are endless and true. I knew that but believed him when he said this would be simple. He did not tell me all the common results that now with Internet we can all find. Elevated stiff fat shOrtened limp toes.
Keep running and run far from anyone who tells u to operate for blisters

Oh yeah--if u evver DO do it--orthopedic surgeon not podiatrist. Podiatrists only make money if they reco hammer and bunion surgery. Orthos do not need this--they do ankles and broken bones and probably other joints--much less likely to lead u astray and also more medically aware no matter what pods say about how they do this all day long--they should NOT be doing this all day long. They are churning out depressed people every day and from what i have read online, they all pull the same thing as mine did--telling the patient that he or she is the only one who did not heal... There are 10's of thousands of us unique patients who have now found out there were so many before and after us and these guys somehow still are licensed

I am 65 and until my hammertoe surgery I passed for 50 and was very active. If I could do over anything in my life, I would NOT have the surgery. Results are very different. I was only beginning to have it slightly when certain dress flats rubbed. Now I have not been able to wear any shoes at all without terrible pain and it's been TWO years. I would not advise that surgery until you can't do anything as you are.

I would not have the surgery.  I had hammertoe surgery 7 months ago.  I have not been able to run since.  It was the worst decision I have made.  I did not realize how much I would miss having my toes be able to move.  Try everything else before making that decision.