I just got the flu and I have a really runny nose. Whenever I blow it very hard, my right tear duct begins to produce bubbles and eventually when I blow long enough, the bubbles (filled with water) fill up my eye and run down my face. I was actually looking at myself blowing my nose today (out of curiosity) and I saw that when I blew my nose, tears would squirt out of my tear duct and I found that very scary. Can someone please tell me if there's something wrong with my eye because whenever I blink my right eye pops bubbles, which is very annoying. %-)

Hi:
This may be as simple as your pipes being backed up. All of that tubing is connected in one way or another. Until you hear otherwise, I would say that you are a unique individual who can do something than no one else that you know can do. I don't mean to make lite of your situation. I'm just trying to ease your mind. Call your doctor's office and speak to the nurse first. I would be very surprised if they thought that there was a real problem. You could also call and ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor's office and see what they say. I hope you'll be feeling better very soon. I'd reeeaaallly like to know what the specialists say about your unique problem.