It's been 21 weeks dominant shoulder post-op (2 cm tear repaired and bone spur shaved) -- but who's frigging counting?! I play USTA tennis (well, USED to....) and am dying to get back, but can only practice ground strokes so far. The weakness and pain just don't seem to diminish much. Why does it take so long? I jog every day, go to the gym 4-5 times a week, do my exercises at home... just cut PT down to two days a week (PT's recommendation).... but it's still so painful to do external rotation with any pressure, and my strength is -- what, maybe 50%? After 5 months?? PT and doc seem quite satisfied with progress. I agree with earlier posting.... would LOVE to have doc and PT who actually experienced this!

How are you now? I am currently at about 6 months with pain when I externally rotate... really feel like something is wrong after this long, but doctor and PT keep saying to wait it out.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one still having post op pain. Well, not really glad, but misery does like some reassurance that I am not the only one! I am 5 months post op a complete rotator cuff tear. Stopped PT a month ago and religiously stretch everyday and workout 3 or 4 days a week. I am still in some type of pain every day. I am hoping as the warm weather approaches, the pain starts to be less and less. Need to get back on the golf course, but not sure when I will be able to! :-(

I had my rotator cuff surgery 18 weeks ago and have been doing my rehab every day and started doing Zumba 4-5 times a week 12 weeks after surgery.   I am totally pain free and have full range of motion.  I will be seeing my surgeon in  two more weeks and can't wait to show him my progress.  I am very anxious to resume upper body weight training with light weights.  Have been doing my leg workouts since my 3rd week after surgery when I was still using my sling.  Oh yes, I am also 65 years old and a certified group fitness instructor and will be teaching Zumba in three more weeks.

I had my surgery on June 10, 2013 almost six month ago.  I started PT 50 days after my surgery. I met my PT twice a week and two weeks ago reduced it to once a week.  I am 52 year old and it has been a chalenge.  I have discomfort now and then.  When I use my hand a lot I get some pain for a day and then get better.  I recently met someone who had a surgery about 4years ago told me that it takes about 16 month to fully recover.   I guess we have to be patient with this kind of surgery.  Good luck to all. 

4 months post op, pain free, 90% strength,doing judo

I know this question was posted over a year ago but as of this week I am at the 5 month / 21 week mark of a massive RC repair using a graftjacket to bridge my supra and infra tendons to my humeral with 3 triple anchors. I have no pain and complete ROM in all directions except for behind my back and over my opposing shoulder. I had an arthrogram earlier this month and my tendons are growing as well as the cadaver anchoring in nicely. My Dr. is quite pleased. I am now attempting to strengthen. It is slow going and everyone I've spoken to says be patient. I surf, play softball, football, basketball, mtn bike and am beginning to lose my patients. It's brutal but the benefits out weigh the means.

Because of my massive tear / graftjacket, It's PT twice a week, then PT on my own with only stationary bike, jogging, walking which are all things I hate. I would not wish this on my worst enemy..........

Bottom line is listen to your Dr. / PT. What ended up happening with you?