My roommate had her gallbadder removed last year after some serious problems. She has recently begun feeling ill again, and on more than one occasion, has had extreme diareah and nausea. Though I haven't noticed any indication of jaundice, it doesn't seem to be a case of a flu or of food poisoning. Could her symptoms be a gallstone formed in her bile duct?

HI, Many people don't realize that fat and stones build up in the liver and trickle on to the gall bladder and block or get stuck in the duct.

so even though a person has his gall bladder removed there is still alot of fat and stones on the liver that need cleansing. And it can cause the same symptoms and worse as when you have a gall bladder.

You can read about a good liver flush at

curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

I hope that helps.

As far as I know, the symptoms of having the gallstones don’t have to be noticed until they are particularly examined. But when there the organism strats alarming them, it is usually manifested by the severe pain in the upper abdomen. The gallstones attack could also be accompanied with nausea or vomiting, or sometimes between the shoulder blades. The pain comes and go, it could last from minutes to weeks.
As your friend has her gallbladder removed, it is also a common case that the gallstones form in the bile ducts between the liver and intestines. This blocks the bile flow from the gallbladder and liver and is is what could cause pain and jaundice.
I would suggest your friend to see the doc, she wouldn’t want this to get complicated, would she? The doctor that is familiar with her case will the best know what is she supposed to do.