I have this issue …I had the second part of a root canal done few days ago, so I was told I have 3 roots in the tooth worked on, but an instrument used to clean out of the root got stuck in the canal!!! He assures me that there is no chance of damage or problems because of this. Should I be concerned? There was nothing on x-ray.

Well, if there is nothing on x ray it sounds to me like you don't have much to worry about; you know it is a common problem to have broken instruments considering they're so small and fragile. Do another x-ray later just to make sure nothing is wrong. It isn’t rally big issue.

They put in steel rods and if they are stuck,they can remove it.I had the same problem and the doctor found out that one rod cannot be inserted and removed it later.As long as there was no infection after 2 weeks,i was able to cap it.Check with your dentist.Good luck.