In 2006 I had a root canal & crown done on my farthest back molar. In 2007 I woke up to a painful tooth face swollen & puss oozing out of gum below the crown. I went in to see the Dentist & he told me since my occulsion was off & maybe the tooth was to high (after 10 months?) .... So he said from grinding my teeth I brused the bone & caused infection. He did take xrays & he said everything else was fine. He gave me 500mg amoxicillin & I did home treatments with tetraccline & my swater pik. Ok... now this week 11/2009 I woke up to the exact same thing again? A lot came out 9 days ago & 4 days ago my thoat was scratchy & I saw a white bumpy thing about 1/4 inch long and it's on the same side by the back molar behind the opening of my throat.

I called my regular doctor & asked for a prescription of amoxicillin since that's what my dentist gave me 2yrs ago. Can you tell me why this happens? And do you think the white thing on my throat is from the infection in my gum?

Thank you