I had surgery on June 14, 2011 to remove a bone spur on my left clavicle and to remove arthritis near (but not in) my shoulder joint.  It was the worse experience of my life. I was in constant agonizing pain for 2.5 months. Just for the record, I've had two ulnar nerve surgeries on my left AND right elbows and never even needed pain medication. This shoulder surgery apparently did not relieve any of my pain. I still have a dull aching pain through out the day starting in my neck (left side) to my shoulder, and down my bicep to my elbow.  I still can not sleep at night, and through out the day while working my shoulder/arm/ neck is killing me. I continue to take an Naproxin and continue to rotate heat and ice. I did physical therapy for the first two months after surgery. My concern is that had arthroscopic surgery, and there was NO rotator damage so why is my shoulder still in pain? My shoulder pops when I do try to rotate it.. and often when I simply reach outward for something..I'm in excruciating pain. I'm a baker, so I am constantly lifting a 34-50lb metal mixing bowl and have to reach many times through out the day. There really is no way to not do my job duties and still retain my job. Any ideas why I'm still having this problem?

I had arthrospic surgery on my right shoulder almost two years ago. They removed a spur. I went to physical therapy for 6 months, and the pain still was there. What's hurting me is my muscles in my right arm above the bend. And I don't know what I can do about it.  The doctor who did it seems dumbfounded. It hurts when I sleep and it hurts when I do any sort of movement with it. It is not terrible pain. But, its there and it limits me to what I can do with my right arm. I had my right shoulder done almost ten yrs ago, and the only problem I have with that is a little arthritis. I have had 2 scope surgeries and do not recommend them to anyone. They have to cut in your muscles to do it  The outcome can be painful, I will take the old fashion staples or stiches before the scope surgery. Has antone out there had the same problems?

Paula, yes! I had arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder on August 10th, so just a little over a month ago. I've had several surgeries for various things & I have never had post op pain like I've had with this surgery. Reading your account does not give me 'warm fuzzies,' but I'm glad to know it's not in my head or just me!

i had surgery on sept 14th and i too have never experienced pain like this i have a high tolerance for pain but this has me beat i am hoping that it will improve over the next couple of weeks    kevin

I had this surgery June 15,2012 my shoulder still hurt and some movements likes reaching back is horrible almost to tears.went for my checkup Thursday and he looked dumbfounded and said he would recommend me to a colleague of his. If he didn't no what he was doing why did he do the first surgery I am not going under the knife again what do we do ????? Hurt and Pray I guess

I have the exact same problem a spur was removed from my right shoulder and I went to physical therapy and am still in pain inth rear of my shoulder above the arm pit.

my husband had the same operation in september he agrees with everything you say his specialist has just put him on anti inflamitries now to see if that helps he said it is the worse pain he has had in his life and some days wishes he had never had it done kath

I had a spur removed from my shoulder last wednesday. They told me it would hurt a bit for two days but I have been in excruciating pain ever since the nerve block wore off. I can barely stand it. Pain meds knock me out so I don't know how I am supposed to go to work like this! I am terrified that it will not heal back and I can't swim ever again. I agree with people here, don't have this surgery!

Had mine done May 9, 2012 and I had made progress until they sent me to "work conditiong" (yea right) and it's been downhill since. I've had 3 low back surgeries and 5 knee surgeries and I would much rather go thru the ACL rebuild again than have my shoulder scoped again.

What do you mean by "work conditioning"? I am still in bad bad pain.

i am so happy i found this. i had my right shoulder scoped and a bone spur removed feb 27 2013....my shoulder continues to keep me up at night and always hurts.... i rotate heat in the morning and ice at night, im taking motrin 800 and vicodin 750 ... both 3x a day... glad its not all in my head and other people have the same results....it sucks...im a union ironworker i use my arms ALOT..i hope this goes away soon

my husband saw the specialist last week and he said it takes up to 12 months to settle it seems the more you do some arm movements the worse it is but they say if you don't use it it will freeze up and be no good so damned if you do and damned it you don't

I had shoulder surgery 3 times now over the last few years. I am post op 4 years now and still having pain. It takes a long time for muscles to get stretched and i keep icing it and tried just about everything on the market. I was told to drink ginger tea homemade and its a natural helper for arthritis and swelling. I am sorry you are going though this. I feel your pain. I am due for a full shoulder replacement soon.

I am so sorry everyone has experienced such pain, but I am glad to read that I am not alone. I had surgery on my left shoulder to remove bone spurs and relieve an impingement almost two months ago, and still have terrible pain in my arm/bicep. My shoulder itself is painful but it's tolerable. The burning pain in my arm however keeps me up at night and makes it difficul to get through the day sometimes. I am going to physical therapy two or three times a week, but find the pain is worse after going. I've been back to the surgeon, and he says it's normal and I'm right on track, so I just keep going and using my arm/shoulder. But I am discouraged. I hope that I won't be four years out still experiencing pain.

Same situation here. Bone spur removal from right shoulder 3 months ago, May 21, 2013. Good progress for first 6 weeks. Then, terrible pain in upper arm/bicep, more so at night. Sometimes numbness/tingling between elbow and wrist. Pain in shoulder but not as much as in upper arm. Seeing pt again tomorrow. Will post if I find out anything new.