I am scheduled for heel bone spur surgery in two weeks, but now am hesitant that I should be more diligent in finding non-surgical remedies. I am healthy, 40 active and have done massage, stretching, soaking, changed shoes--all orthdodics are dumb for me because I have very high arches already and don't relieve the pain at all.
What exactly is recovery time like? How long am I off work? There has got to be someone like me out there...so far I can't find anyone![/list]

Have you tried "Shock Wave Therapy"?

I was going to do the non surgery for heel spur but it isn't covered by insurance and the Doctor said it's not 100% curable, so I was thinking about doing the other surgery, but I feel alittle scared and I need some advice on someone that had it done. If anyone has had the surgery please let me know. I would appreciate it! Thanks so much!